Slot Performance Technician 3 - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Slot Performance Technician 3
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Feb 06, 2019
May 06, 2019
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Slot Performance Technician 3 contributes to our continued success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Move, install, convert, and perform initial set-up and verification of slot machines and signage.
- *Perform initial install of slot accounting system components and communication and peripheral devices such as progressive controllers.
- *Perform signature verifications of software.
- *Break down, relocate, and set up of machines, stands, and signs.
- *Perform slot machine RAM clears/key chips and set-up of options as needed.
- *Access, read, and interpret Probability Accounting Report (PAR) sheets, GLI Certification Letters, and associated paperwork.
- *Maintain slot machine install documents.
- *Oversee projects and provide project status updates to management.
- *Update firmware on Bill Validator (BV) and printers as needed for gaming machines.
- *Complete Soft Count Bill Acceptor (cashbox) Replacement forms and retrieve empty locked cashboxes for technicians to complete cashbox replacements.
- Assist in ensuring machine integrity when jackpots occur and at other times as requested.
- Maintain knowledge and ensure full compliance of gaming laws (federal, tribal, and state) and attendant regulations.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years of experience as a Slot Technician or 3 years of related technician experience are required. A related Associate’s Degree or technical certification can take the place of 1 year of related technical experience.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and United States currency.
- The ability to interpret and follow instructions from technical manuals.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members in a professional manner.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the office and property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer.
- The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 30 pounds on a regular basis and up to 300 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Starting Salary: $17.01 Per Hour
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
Medical, Dental, Vision Care, Prescription, Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, 401K Retirement Services, Competitive Wages, Paid time off, Free parking, Free uniforms, Wellness Program, Fitness Center, Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events, Guest Service Award program, Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs, Paid training and advancement opportunities, Team member appreciation events ...and much more!
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues.
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability. PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Basic Life
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free On-site Workplace Health Clinic
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Free 24 hour Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!