Slot Attendant - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Nov 15, 2017
Dec 15, 2017
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Attendant, Slots contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
1. *Promote positive guest and fellow team member relations.
2. *Assist the customer on how to play, read and understand the slot machines.
3. *Minor slot machine repair including but not limited to ticket and bill jams, and ticket replenishment as required.
4. *Monitors the operation of assigned slot machines and participates in payout of manual jackpots in accordance with company policy.
5. Accurately complete and sign necessary forms.
6. Responsible for balancing money pouches and signing proper paperwork.
7. Maintain a neat and clean assigned work area.
8. Maintain a neat and clean personal appearance
9. Responsible to maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
10. Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
11. Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
1. High School diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred and/or a minimum of one (1) year prior work experience.
2. One (1) year experience in the gaming or hospitality industry preferred.
3. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
4. Ability to use a calculator.
5. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other team members of the company.
6. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
7. Regularly required to use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms and use tools or controls. Required to stand and walk, for long lengths of time. The Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The Employee may be able to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds or more with assistance.
8. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise levels increase and it is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!