Poker Room Manager - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Poker Room Manager
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Nov 22, 2017
Dec 22, 2017
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Endeavors to build new relationships to enhance the growth of gaming revenues by enthusiastically and regularly engaging with guest while they play. Recommends policy changes in accordance with procedures. Deals with the difficult circumstances that arise on the gaming floor in a constructive and business-like manner, balancing the interest of the customer, employee and company. Provides an outstanding Poker experience/environment.
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Provides superior guest service and positive interactions with external and internal guests and team members.
- Displays the resiliency to deal with difficult guests in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the effective gaming service activities for the Poker Room.
- Creates and ensures a fun filled, entertaining environment where the execution of service is paramount.
- Serves as a dynamic, positive leader, while fostering teamwork, employee morale, motivation and open communication.
- Acts as a role model and coach while developing employees using a consistent, approachable demeanor and clearly articulating expectations.
- Ensures that team members clearly understand they are held accountable for their performance expectations.
- Provides appropriate recognition and rewards to individuals and groups when consistent superior service performance is attained.
- Works as a change agent to improve and streamline department operations, through the continuous assessment of policies and procedures, work processes and program effectiveness and value.
- Recommends and implements change to improve overall employee and guest satisfaction.
- Demonstrates excellent facilitator skills in resolving conflicts between different points of view.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in determining a vision and aligns and inspires the team to achieve the vision.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure total guest satisfaction and efficient operations in a safe, friendly, comfortable environment.
- Recommends and structures tournaments to achieve financial goals
- Participates in the financial operating and capital planning processes and makes recommendations that achieve desired financial results.
- Responsible for staffing and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance with Title 31 requirements and processes
- All other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required. Knowledge of casino rules, procedures, and regulations as applied to Poker. Excellent supervisory, communication and organizational skills. Minimum 3 years experience as a Poker Supervisor required. Clear technical understanding of Poker manuals, policies and procedures. Must possess excellent customer relations, leadership and communication skills
Must possess excellent customer relations, leadership and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to communicate effectively with guests as well as all levels of team members.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The associate is also required to sit, climb and/or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
Must be able to be physically mobile and have the ability to push, pull, carry and lift 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 44 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
A 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s, swimming pools with water slides and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, is scheduled to open in November 2017.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer