Kitchen Steward - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Glendale, Arizona 85305
Aug 17, 2017
Sep 16, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Position Summary:Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Room Chef & Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Venue Manager.
Job requires washing, sanitizing, organizing and replenishment of all dishes, utensils, equipment, food storage areas, floors and food preparation areas.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for keeping all equipment, utensils and containers clean and ready for use.
- Cleans floors, walls, wash tubs, counters, and shelves; cleans mop sink area.
- Empties boxes and trash.
- Properly disposes of grease and garbage left in pots and pans.
- Defrosts and clean refrigerators and iceboxes.
- Dumps and cleans the garbage can.
- Stocks serving stations with dishes and utensils.
- Keeps all work areas free of trash, clean and organized.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
- Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
- Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
- Ability to understand and follow through with all assigned tasks.
- Ability to clearly communicate with Room Chefs and Venue Managers.
- Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
- Awareness and operates within proper safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Some experience in the restaurant or kitchen maintenance area is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and utensils maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
- Ability to be organized.
- Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to obtain food handler’s permit.
- Ability to clearly communicate with all management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to stand for extended periods of time sometimes in the same place.
- The job will entail constant communication at all times to communicate where you are and to communicate the task at hand.
- The job will require you to use your hands constantly for cutting, grabbing, lifting, washing, touching, sensing and holding items.
- You will be required to walk often at a safe pace.
- The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work is generally performed in the Casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, second-hand smoke, high noise level and steam. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are expected.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Will work in all venues unless specified by Food & Beverage Management.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley offers what no other casino near Phoenix can. From great entrainment to amazing food Desert Diamond West Valley offers a little something for everybody. Winning works up an appetite, it’s good to have variety of classics just for you. Desert Diamond West Valley’s Food Court is serving up great daily specials; whether you’re looking for a quick snack or to satisfy a serious craving, we are serving up quality and value fast to get you back to your latest winning streak.