General Manager - Gray Wolf Peak Casino
Gray Wolf Peak Casino
Evaro, Montana 59808
Nov 21, 2017
Dec 21, 2017
Type of Position:
All Executive Management
The General Manager requires expertise in all facets of the Food and Beverage and Casino Operations including goal setting for all departments and financial analysis, will manage all administrative and programmatic operations of the Gray Wolf Peak Casino. The General Manager will lead the overall direct, administration and coordination of all activities at the property. Maintaining the highest level of integrity, a professional and motivating image for patrons and employees, and a strong work ethic, the General Manager will serve as the property’s ambassador and key strategist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives the successful overall direction, administration and coordinator of all activities on the Gray Wolf Peak properties, in accordance with the policies and objectives set by the S&K Gaming executive management team operations, to provide maximum long term profit and return on investment(s).
- Works closely with the Chief Operation Officer and will align strategy and objectives with the Board’s policy goals to ensure maximized and sustainable revenues to the Tribe.
- Using business analytics, trends, forecasts, customer, market, internal operating data and other information, the General Manager will develop, implement, review and update the property’s strategy on a continual basis.
- Establishes performance and profit objectives for short-term and long-term goals.
- Reviews costs and operational efficiencies in order to enhance profitability and growth.
- Drives communication of the company’s mission/vision and objectives through all levels of the organization.
- Maintains appropriate staffing by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, disciplining and utilizing performance management as needed.
- Focusing on the guest experience, the General Manager will demonstrate and lead a culture of world class customer service in all areas.
- Leads the development of the annual operating budget, including capital expenditures and improvements, with an emphasis on appropriate data points like workforce metrics, and return on investment, feasibility of initiative, etc.
- Develops long term capital budgets in alignment with S&K Gaming’s direction and coordination.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates departmental performance, working with managers to take appropriate steps to resolve unsatisfactory results or conditions utilizing approved performance management processes.
- Provide regularly scheduled reports to the Chief Operations Officer on a timely basis.
- Directs the implementation of systems, processes and structure to ensure compliance throughout the organization with all applicable regulatory requirements, including those of the CSKT Gaming Commission.
- Ensure compliance with the NIGC regulations and policies and procedures.
- Develop and administer the strategic business plan(s).
- Provides direction to ensure effective tactical and strategic plans are implemented.
- Ensures compliance with existing internal and external revenue audit control policies and procedures pertaining to one or more operational areas.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the organization by presiding over scheduled meetings with the members of the management team.
- Assure positive employee relations and maximum guest service satisfaction.
- Maintain efficient and effective operation of the restaurant and casino’s.
- Ensure that all reports, statements, and certificates are properly kept and filed as required by law or corporation policy.
- Attend Executive Staff Meetings and provide complete and accurate information.
- Obtain the Chief Operation Officer approval for major financial transactions and expenditures and other actions establishing or affecting the corporation’s policy.
- Maintains high visibility in the surrounding. Travel is required.
- Prepares and presents industry reports for management review.
- Provides the direction to ensure effective tactical and strategic plans are implemented designed to maximize both short and long-term operating profitability.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the organization by presiding over scheduled meetings with the members of the leadership team as assigned.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with all Federal, State, and Tribal Regulatory Commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure that the company is in compliance with regulations.
- Understands and monitors all computerized systems utilized by operational and support departments.
- Responsible for the selection, coordination, and delegation of authority to all managers an department managers employed by the corporation, unless otherwise directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible for job performance evaluation of Department Managers.
- Maintains all sales systems, efficient sales office procedures for productive use of staff time and follow up procedures.
- Provides support and leadership direction to individuals directly reporting to this position in accordance with the organizational structure.
- Develops and implements staff development plans for those employees who display the necessary skills, motivation and attitude to grow within the organization.
- Ensures all employees within areas of responsibility receive fair and equitable treatment with regard to their respective terms and conditions of employment.
- Identifies and analyzes competition both locally and regionally.
- Manages annual operation budget preparations with all operational and support departments.
- Assists Food and Beverage and gaming operations departments in evaluating financial performance, adequacy of control environments, and systems utilization.
- Maintains the necessary internal controls required to safeguard the property’s assets and integrity, utilizing company guidelines.
- Evaluates and participates in the discussion of company contracts in accordance with authority and ensures assigned activities are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and established controls.
- Held accountable, to a very high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental functions and efficiencies.
- The above duties are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned by the Chief Operation Officer.
- Assistant General Manager
- Office Assistant
- Executive Chef
- Cage Manager
- Slot Manager Players Club Manager
- Security Manager
- Facilities Manager
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Organizational Development or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated, broad based operational success in a Senior/Executive leadership position in the Gaming Industry.
- Must have five (5) years of full supervision of 30 or more employees.
- Must have five (5) years of Administrative and Fiscal Management.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership ability, as well as organizational and strategic agility.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and will be subject to random drug testing.
- Must pass an extensive background investigation to obtain/maintain a gaming license.Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United States.
- Title 31 Bank Secrecy Act (Anti-Money Laundering
- Must pass a drug screening.
- Required to obtain and maintain an unrestricted gaming license from the CS&KT Gaming Commission and NIGC.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to have all documents current and valid at all times
Category: Executive Management
Eligible for benefits after ninety days. PTO, Medical, Dental, Optical, Life and 401K retirement.
$70,000 to $88,000
Gray Wolf Peak Casino is an 1 1/2 hours away from the beautiful Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Park! Click here to view photos.
20750 Hwy 93 North Evaro
Missoula, MT 59808
S&K Gaming, LLC is a limited liability company organized under the laws of, and wholly owned by, the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation.
S&K Gaming operates two current casino properties: KwaTaqNuk Resort located in Polson, MT; Gray Wolf Peak Casino located in Evaro, MT. KwaTaqNuk operates over 200 Class II gaming machines and is located on lakefront property on the Flathead Lake.
Gray Wolf Peak Casino Gray Wolf Peak has 300 Class II gaming machines, bar, restaurant and deli an is largest casino operation in Montana.
Our mission statement is: We, the Salish, Kootenai, and Pend D’Oreille People, are committed to provide our guest an unsurpassed experience, our team rewarding opportunities and our shareholders superior value.
Our vision is to be the premier destination experience for gaming and hospitality in the region.