Lead Cook (Asian Specialty) - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Lead Cook (Asian Specialty)
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Jan 06, 2021
Feb 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Lead Cook prepares all food items according to standardized recipes. Ensure lines are set and fully stocked with fresh ingredients prior to each shift. Prepare Sushi station prior to opening. Prepare and check daily specials. Assign cooks working station and break time. Check the stock and fill the requisition form. Complete daily side duties in a timely manner, and in quantities appropriate for business volume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the preparation of all food items in the kitchen on their shift in addition to the following:
- Prepares / directs the preparation of all food items in soup station, wok stations and prep station.
- Prepares requisition for ordering
- Putting away daily delivery (Weight up to 100 lbs)
- Wash and Clean Vegetables
- Marinade Chicken, Roast Duck, Chinese BBQ Pork, Soup Stock and Etc
- Chop, Grind, Slice, bone and Cut Meats
- Prepare Fish and Shellfish to specified recipes
- Mix and Blend Chinese Spices as needed
- Dessert Station
- Wok Station
- Sushi Station
- Grill Station
- Soup Station
- Roasting Station
- Deep Fryer Station
- Prepare all sauces required according to the recipe
- Be able to perform the 6 basic knife cuts:
- Allumette: A basic knife cut measuring ¼ inch × ¼ inch × 2½ inches.
- Large Dice: A basic knife cut measuring ¾ inch × ¾ inch × ¾ inch.
- Medium Dice: A basic knife cut measuring ½ inch × ½ inch × ½ inch.
- Small Dice: A basic knife cut measuring ¼ inch × ¼ inch × ¼ inch.
- Batonnet: A basic knife cut measuring ½ inch × ½ inch × 2½-3 inches.
- Julienne: A basic knife cut measuring 1/8 inch × 1/8 inch × 2½ inches.
- Be able to perform the knife skills task in the amount of time allotted:
- Dice a 30 pound case of yellow onions in 25 minutes or less
- Slice a 20 pound case of squash in 12 minutes or less
- Prepare the daily special item and adjust the daily special if needed.
- Prepare the High-End items and Chinese Authentic items.
- Has knowledge of Authentic Asian cooking and able to work all stations in the kitchen.
- Ensure orders are served in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Review food items available, daily, to determine dishes to be prepared on shift.
- Assigns cook II, cook I and prep cook work stations and break times.
- Check the stock in all stations and fill the requisition form.
- Consult with the Chef on Duty for any items needed.
- Set up line including all food items, plates, bowls and all sauces and coordinate orders.
- Assist in the breaking down of leftovers as directed including labeling and storage.
- Cleans and maintains stations, refrigerators, and freezers and also cleans according to daily cleaning schedule.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required by chef and management.
- Adherence to sanitation codes.
- Has extensive knowledge of specialty Asian Products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Experience
Minimum 5 years line experience in a high volume Chinese Restaurant; or equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License.
- ServSafe Certified or be able to pass the ServSafe Class within first 9 months of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to handle, feel, or reach. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The specific vision requirements for this job are close vision, distance vision, color vision & peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes but rarely exposed to airborne particles, extreme cold, or extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Starting Salary: $16.66 Per Hour
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401k Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65
Brooks, CA 95606
Web site: https://www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California's largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides. We are undergoing an expansion which will add over 400 hotel rooms for a total of over 600 rooms.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center. The expansion will also add a Sushi restaurant.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!