Barback - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Sep 12, 2018
Oct 12, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Barback is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of beverage stations and equipment in accordance with Company standards.
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Responsible for cleaning of Beverage and Quick Service venues.
- Provides and replenishes food and beverage supplies in assigned venues.
- Ensures all necessary interdepartmental transfer paperwork is completed when transferring product to other venues.
- Removes empty bottles and trash.
- Prepares necessary fruit for use as garnishes.
- Responsible for receiving, issuing and keeping necessary records of liquor and supplies.
- Serves as back up for Bartenders when necessary.
- Knowledge of Dram Shop Act and Bartender’s responsibilities and rights under it.
- Promotes outstanding guest service on a continual basis.
- Participates as a team member with Bartenders, Utilities, Servers, Supervisors and all other pertinent Company Associates in ensuring an efficient operation.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one-year previous experience in a similar capacity preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Valid license required for operation of company vehicles.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or associates of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the gaming floor, the noise level increases to loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino Resort
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools, a water slide and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer