Mutuel Teller - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Feb 28, 2018
Mar 28, 2018
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Mutuel Teller is responsible for providing great Customer Service while selling and cashing of tickets to guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Responsible for selling and cashing of pari-mutuel tickets and vouchers to betting guests.
- Provide information regarding race data, scratches and other pertinent information involving both live races and simulcasting.
- Assists guest with problems such as lost tickets, claimed or stolen vouchers, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Horse racing knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand for hours at a time. Ability to concentrate on each individual transaction with guest which usually involves over a hundred transactions per shift. Ability to answer customer questions regarding numerous areas of the property and to remain composed during stressful situations with dissatisfied customers.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
*This is a seasonal position*
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino Resort
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools with water slides and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer