Assistant Manager POM - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Assistant Manager POM
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Dec 04, 2017
Jan 02, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Show strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager with all facets of running the restaurant operation and completes all tasks, duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned within set timelines.
- Work with people of diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Directs and organizes the activities of the team to maintain high standards of food, beverage and service.
- Assists in interviewing, hire, train, recommends evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation while maximizing service levels and achieving a profitable result.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage, and equipment and labor costs.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the employees in the department.
- Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well trained associates at all levels.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties as needed and be a team player.
- Effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Display fair and consistent treatment to food-service employees with respect to disciplinary action and provide supportive documentation.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with all departments of the hotel and casino.
- Ensure staff adherence to policies and practices regarding the use of the POS system.
- Communicate with management, peers and subordinates in a professional, positive and consistent manner.
- Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings, daily shift meetings, and ensures staff attendance at all company scheduled communication meetings and training classes.
- Maintain overall restaurant equipment, linen, uniforms, etc. Ensure uniform standards, appearance standards, cleanliness, safety, and other established rules, guidelines, policies, and practices are met consistently.
- Handles all accidents and resolves customer complaints in an effective and timely manner.
- Understand, follow, and enforce all gaming policies /guidelines approved by FSRC.
- Ensures the security of monies, credit and financial transactions and all POS systems.
- Replenishes all supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coaches employees on how to resolve guest issues and de-escalate conflicts.
- Implements new menus and promotions, such as holiday and special event promotions.
- Responds promptly and effectively to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests following established guidelines and policies.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a High School diploma, GED/equivalent.
- (2-3 years) previous supervisory/managerial experience in an upscale Restaurant preferred.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of a beverage (bar) operation.
- Exceptional detail in follow up.
- Thorough understanding of human resource requirements and regulatory standards.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Wine knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of restaurant accounting and operation practices, financial reporting, tip reporting,
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, early morning, holidays.
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise and bright lights.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
Division/Department : Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Shift/Hours : Varies
To Apply: Click on the "Apply Now" button and you will be redirected to our company online application which must be completed to be considered for this position.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
How to apply by fax:
Please make sure to list which positions you are applying for:
FAX your resume to (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique, LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.