POM Server - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Apr 05, 2019
May 04, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Restaurant Server ensures that all the guests are welcome in a timely, friendly, as well as professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests, bus person and restaurant host/hostess.
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding menu (i.e., pronunciation, preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients and plate presentation). Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest preference. Up-sells appetizers, beverages, desserts in accordance with restaurant service standards.
- Adherence to schedule and attendance at all service staffs meeting.
- Working knowledge of computer especially POS system: Be able to use POS system to enter food and beverage orders into the system to ensure accurate preparation of product. When necessary be able to manually itemizes, totals, and presents check for payment to correct customers.
- Follow all cash handling and gaming guidelines.
- To ensure proper set up and maintenance of service station, tables, and common areas thought-out all dining rooms.
- To ensure that all silverware, glassware, flatware are polished, stocked, and set to service standards.
- To ensure sufficient set ups for service station, including silverware, china, sugar creamers iced tea, coffee according to business levels. Always be fully prepared for concerts nights and turns based on business needs.
- To be knowledgeable in all liquor and wine service along with all state laws pertaining to sale and service of liquor and alcoholic beverages.
- Deliver prepared food to the appropriate guest within three minutes of completed production of order.
- Monitor and resolves service issues for entire outlet according to service standards.
- To provide personalized service during guest interactions.
- Assists bus help, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning and setting tables.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans restaurant equipment (tables, chairs, booths, soda and juice dispensers, coffee machines), as scheduled, or required.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Recognizes Diamond & Emerald players and ensures they receive the appropriate service.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
Must be at least 21 years of age
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Food Workers Certificate. (Food handlers card).
Minimum of 1 years of food server experience in a high volume, sophisticated or upscale
Must Read, write, understand and speak English fluently
Excellent customer service/communication skills
Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. (Glass racks, coffee urns, bins of flatware, supplies to restock service stations)
Must be able to lift trays with food (30 lbs.) above shoulder level
Must be able to pull or push 50 lbs. (Tables and chairs as required to provide appropriate seating arrangements for customers)
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise. Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing. Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights. Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.