Room Service Server - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Room Service Server
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Dec 04, 2017
Jan 02, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to room service guests, room service staff and culinary production team.
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding menu (i.e., pronunciation, preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients and plate presentation). Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest preference. Up-sells appetizers, beverages, desserts in accordance with room service standards.
- Correctly enters food and beverage orders into the POS system to ensure accurate preparation of product.
- Delivers prepared food to the appropriate guest within specified delivery times after completed production of order.
- Calls back room guests within 8 minutes of order delivery to ascertain guest level of satisfaction.
- Resolves service issues according to service standards.
- Itemizes, totals, and presents check for payment to correct customers.
- Thanks customers, invites them to use room service again, and wishes them a great day/evening.
- Assists with bussing, cleaning and setting tables/trays.
- Follows the 10/5 rule with internal and external guests while on the floor.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and bus stations, carts and trays as necessary to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans room service equipment (carts, trays, soda and juice dispensers, coffee machines), as scheduled, or required.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Completes assigned side work as directed.
- Provides personalized service and uses guests’ names and preferences.
- Calls for support when order level is greater than present staff can accommodate.
- Recognizes Diamond & Emerald players and ensures they receive the appropriate service.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- Stocks all food, beverage, paper goods, condiments and other supplies as necessary to maintain par levels and ensure speedy delivery of orders.
- Follows all alcoholic service standards and procedures as established by the property including checking identification of guests, refusing to serve intoxicated guests, etc.
- Maintains delivery/call log to track all aspects of orders to include delivery, pick up, timing, server who delivered order, picked up order, etc. Keeps log sheets on file and reviews as necessary for investigations, reports, documentation.
- Submits work orders for any damage noted on/about property that they encounter and calls in any unsafe/hazardous conditions in a timely manner while also notifying food & beverage management personnel.
- Oversees/delivers amenities as requested and ensures timely delivery, pick up and tracking documentation.
- Prepares/oversees preparation and delivery of time orders to ensure prompt/timely delivery as specified by guests.
- Provides phone support during cashier breaks and is familiar and uses all outlined verbiage/terminology as specified in room service specifications.
- Answers incoming calls within three rings using established phone protocol and etiquette.
- Always uses suggestive selling to build average check and repeats order back to guest to ensure accurate orders.
- Always uses guest name at least twice during every call, uses a “smiling” voice at all times and quotes a delivery time on all room service orders.
- Inspects all outgoing amenities/meal orders to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Conducts routine floor inspections to ensure all pick ups are complete and guest areas/hallways are clean and maintained.
- Reports any suspicious persons or activity to loss prevention and management in a timely manner.
- Attends all training, department and property meetings, functions and events as scheduled/required.
- Assists with all training aspects with new room service staff to ensure proper service. Conducts mock orders to rooms with new servers to monitor training.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Provides support to various food and beverage operations/outlets as requested/scheduled to meet the needs of the division.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience
- Minimum of one year of RS or Server experience in a high volume, sophisticated or upscale resort recommended
- Must Read, write, understand and speak English fluently
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. (Glass racks, coffee urns, bins of flatware, supplies to restock service stations)
- Must be able to lift trays with food (30 lbs.) above shoulder level
- Must be able to pull or push 50 lbs. (Tables and chairs as required to provide appropriate seating arrangements for customers)
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards.
- Capable of assisting with recruiting, interviewing, training, coaching, counseling and preparing and presenting disciplinary documentation in accordance with established company wide policies, procedures, standards, rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to calmly and effectively work under stressful conditions.
- Shows initiative and willingness to learn new procedures
- Ability to use traditional phone and phone systems to communicate with guests
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- This position requires extensive walking and carrying trays with food, beverages and F&B materials/equipment so above average stamina, balance, and coordination are required.
- Must be willing to transport orders and material/equipment from building to building in sometimes adverse weather conditions including excessive heat, excessive cold, excessive wind as well as rain.
- Able to push room service carts for distances of up to 300 yards while bending at the back and controlling cart to minimize breakage of property materials/equipment
- Current food handlers card
Division/Department : Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Shift/Hours : Varies
To Apply: Click on the "Apply Now" button and you will be redirected to our company online application which must be completed to be considered for this position.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
How to apply by fax:
Please make sure to list which positions you are applying for:
FAX your resume to (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique, LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.