Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians
The Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians is composed of descendants of the 1855 Stoluck-wa-mish River Tribe. In 1855 the population resided on the main branch of the river, as well as the north and south forks. The name Stillaguamish, under various spellings, has been used since around 1850 to refer to those Indians who lived along the Stillaguamish River and camped along its tributaries.
They were a party to the treaty of Point Elliott of January 22, 1855 under the spelling Stoluck-wa-mish. No separate reservation was established for the Stoluck-wa-mish Indians. Some moved to the Tulalip Reservation, but the majority remained in the aboriginal area along the Stillaguamish River. Tribal headquarters are located in Arlington, Washington.
The Stillaguamish Tribal Business Development Department develops and works in partnership with the Board of Directors for the tribe's businesses that include Banksavers Nursery and Landscaping, River Rock Tobacco and Fuel Station and the Angel of the Winds Casino, all located in Arlington.
To visit Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians' featured jobs on Casino Careers please click here.