Busser I - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
Dec 07, 2016
Dec 12, 2016
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under direct supervision of the Venue Manager, Busser I set tables with clean linens and silverware and remove soiled dishes, glassware and silverware from the tables. Secondary responsibilities include proper maintenance and cleaning of side stations, floors, furniture, and restrooms, perform other duties as assigned. Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow all alcohol beverage and Food handling policy guidelines as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for efficient stocking of all items needed for service in the server side stations.
- Responsible for training new team members.
- Responsible for proper clearing of soiled plates, glassware, silverware, and shell baskets to dish stations by running bus carts to kitchen to be emptied, cleaned and returned to the side stations immediately
- Tends to guests, responds to any additional requests, and is knowledgeable of the service standards and properly followed.
- Maintains side stations, including floors, in a sanitary and organized manner.
- Properly operates bus carts in a safe and sanitary manner when maneuvering through the kitchen area and dining room.
- Properly clears dirty plates, glasses, silverware, napkins, food and beverage debris from tables, chairs and bases.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire work area.
- Properly performs all opening, running and closing Busser side work.
- Properly clears all surfaces on tables within 5 minutes of guests departure.
- Responsible for properly re-setting dining room tables in accordance with the table top standard.
- Polishes silverware, glassware, etc and prepares for use.
- Completes side work assigned by Venue Manager.
- Maintains good communication skills with team members and guests and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Recognizes that each team member is a representative of the casino and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect and sensitivity to the needs of every person (guests and team members).
- Provides a positive dining experience for guests.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned including, but not limited to the following: seating guests, bussing and setting tables, and keeping the floor clear of debris.
- Travel between Desert Diamond Casino properties may be needed.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy.
- Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED preferred plus some experience in the restaurant, kitchen or dining area field or must have successfully worked in the Busser II position for six months. Must be 18 years of age of older. Must be able to obtain a food handlers card. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, tips certification, obtain and maintain gaming license; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of food service.
- Strong communication skills, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Knowledge in demonstrating outstanding guest service at all times.
- Knowledge in servicing guests in a professional manner; ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Knowledge of internal controls and commitment to follow, consistently.
- Ability to successfully pass Busser I Skill Set testing.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in kitchen areas, banquet areas with exposure to heat, cold, fumes, steam, second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley offers what no other casino near Phoenix can. From great entrainment to amazing food Desert Diamond West Valley offers a little something for everybody. Winning works up an appetite, it’s good to have variety of classics just for you. Desert Diamond West Valley’s Food Court is serving up great daily specials; whether you’re looking for a quick snack or to satisfy a serious craving, we are serving up quality and value fast to get you back to your latest winning streak.