Server II - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Tucson, Arizona 85629
Oct 13, 2016
Dec 12, 2016
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED preferred, plus recent experience in a restaurant field as front of house staff member; must have related experience in a fast casual dining service setting with point of sale experience and placing orders.
Must be 19 years of age or older. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, tips certification, Food Handlers certification, cash handling training, and obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Ability to learn dining and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Ability to learn up selling, Check Average, suggestive selling, wine and alcohol
- Ability to learn and adhere to all State Laws regarding Alcohol service and assertive in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
- Knowledge of cash handling.
- Ability to learn restaurant menu or food items offered, bar items, liquors, and pricing.
- Knowledge of POS system.
- Ability to learn internal controls and commitment to follow, consistently.
- Ability to successfully obtain TIPS/Alcohol Service certification.
- Ability to successfully obtain Food Handlers Certification.
- Ability to successfully pass cash handling training.
- Ability to successfully pass departmental testing for position.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure at a fast pace are essential.
Work is generally performed in a Bar and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, and Why, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.