Bistro Hostess * - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Bistro Hostess *
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Feb 24, 2017
Mar 25, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
*Asterisk indicates position 18 years of age or older.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests and restaurant staff. Greets, and makes welcome, each guest entering the restaurant.
- Engages in friendly conversation with guest whenever possible using the 10/5 rule. Provides personalized service and uses the guest’s name at least twice during all transactions.
- Takes reservations, following established restaurant policy.
- Uses proper phone etiquette and answers all calls in accordance with determined restaurant standards and guidelines.
- Seats guests in restaurant as per specified rotation requirements.
- Maintains proper seating and reservation documentation.
- Monitors restaurant periodically for table availability.
- Keeps designated working area clean and organized wipes, cleans and stores menus properly, and assists in maintaining cleanliness of dining room, as necessary or required, in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Recognizes VIPS, Diamond and Emerald players and relays that information to the server and/or other restaurant team members to ensure they receive the appropriate service.
- Assists wait staff and bus persons in their duties (e.g., refill water glasses and coffee cups, helps pre-bus and bus tables, attend to guests needs) as necessary or required.
- Complete all assigned closing duties at end of shift.
- Resolves service issues in accordance with restaurant guidelines and policies.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have a High school diploma, GED or comparable experience.
- Previous customer service experience in a high volume, upscale operation preferred.
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Available to work required schedule which may include weekend, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. (Host/Hostess supplies, china and glassware to bus/re-set tables).
- Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs. (Tables and chairs as required to provide appropriate seating arrangements for customers).
- Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., flatware, plates, cups, glasses), bend, stoop and twist while carrying restaurant stock to and from supply areas; able to reach across tables; able to stand and walk for up to 6 hours; able to use hand motions when cleaning and wiping menus and table tops/counters
Division/Department : Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Shift/Hours : Second Shift (Swing)
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
How to apply by fax:
Please make sure to list which positions you are applying for:
FAX your resume to (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique, LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.