VLT (Slots) Assistant Shift Manager
Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
Northfield, Ohio 44067
Search Jobs Share this job posting:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for developing an entertaining environment that creates excitement for guests and team members, promoting and retaining a highly skilled work force. Responsible for actively building relationships with players and acts as a mentor to team members in order to build their player development skills; provides career development and direction for team members. Manages staff and resources, related to VLT Operations, on an assigned shift ensuring compliance with established regulations
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
1. Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
2. Implements and ensures compliance with approved company policy and supervises the operation of VLT machines and performance of VLT personnel during assigned shift.
3. Assists in the selection, supports and ensures adequate training, supervision, evaluation, and equitable treatment of VLT personnel.
4. Strives to meet revenue goals by ensuring maximum guest service; ensures adequate staffing levels to meet these goals and remain within established budget.
5. Knowledge of the Ohio Lottery Commission's regulations as well as Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park internal controls, policies, and procedures.
6. Responsible for any new programs implemented by the department and be held accountable to meet the criteria set forth by management.
7. Oversees all aspects of VLT guest service; works closely with all departments, including Players Club, VIP Services, Beverage and Cashiers
8. Establishes and develops relationships with guests through positive, effective interaction focusing on loyalty and profitability of specific player segments.
9. Monitors VLT play, staff members and all associated operational areas to ensure compliance with applicable Lottery regulations, internal policies and procedures.
10. Works closely with VLT performance personnel to ensure all VLT products and associated equipment are in good working order, providing optimum excitement and gaming opportunities for guests; relays pertinent information to VLT performance management regarding product mix and floor design, helping to achieve and maintain strategic objectives and goals.
11. Monitors access to all sensitive areas, including IT room and VLT Supervisor’s office to ensure security of VLT operation and company assets.
12. Verifies and authorizes jackpot payouts from $10,000 to $50,000 and conducts computer chip comparisons on all jackpots in excess of $50,000, ensuring validity of money paid and tracking of payouts; signs cashier checks for jackpot payouts.
13. Responsibilities of Shift Manager include: working closely with Human Resources to discuss disciplinary actions and team member issues, ensuring appropriate number of requisitions for job openings and opportunities; working with Engineer (Facilities) regarding new construction, power requirements, special needs; dealing with regulatory agencies and Rocksino Controller regarding regulation issues; attending forecast and operational meetings; reviewing daily financials to ensure proper maintenance of margins; reviewing reports of jackpots for discrepancies.
14. Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
15. Perform work regularly and predictably.
16. Other duties as assigned.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS • Attend seminars when needed.
RequirementsGAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis) This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a through a minimum of 1 year supervisory experience. Prior VLT experience and Gaming/Lottery industry experience strongly preferred.
(Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc): • Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming/Lottery regulations • Must successfully pass background check. • Must successfully pass drug screening. • Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
• Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations. • Rocksino operations and VLT related machinery. • Policies and procedures as well as knowledge of and ability to identify various cheating techniques. • Games manuals, policies, procedures, and a demonstrated ability to coordinate or supervise the work of others.
• Deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
• Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
• This position spends time on the Rocksino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
• Observe and direct actions of subordinates/trainees.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Write routine reports and correspondence.
• Speak effectively before groups of guests and team members of the organization.
• Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Work with computers.
• Work with large amounts of cash.
• Communicate effectively at all times with guest, as well as all levels of team members
. • Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
• Develop strategic department objectives and link to the goals of the property.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Type of PositionFull Time
CategoryCasino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
How To Apply
Share this job posting:Search Jobs
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to our company Career page. To be considered you must click on the Job Title and complete our secure Company Employment Application.
|Return to Job Listings The content of this page belongs solely to Casino Careers LLC. for use exclusively on the casinocareers.com domain. No third party may make use of this page and its contents for any reason.|