General Maintenance (Technician) - Golden Nugget Lake Charles
General Maintenance (Technician)
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601
Dec 28, 2016
Mar 01, 2017
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the incumbent is responsible for all maintenance, repair, and calibration within approved guidelines and as directed.
• Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures.
• Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
• Responsible for general maintenance of all facilities on property and the property itself. Identify deficiencies related to maintenance of such facilities.
• Responsible for maintaining, repairing, and replacing gaming table layouts. Identify the need for maintenance/repair of layouts.
• General knowledge of the HVAC system, alarm system, and generators. Identify and diagnose deficiencies with the system and take measures to correct deficiencies.
• Identify the need for and perform Mid-level to advanced level Painting, plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, and other projects relating to maintenance of the property.
• Assist with creating Preventative maintenance schedule and follow such schedule.
• Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
• Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
• A high school diploma or equivalent, a certification in a trade.
• Four (4) to six (6) years of experience in facilities maintenance or a combination of education/experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have solid decision-making, organization, and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal communication skills are required. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment. Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationships with all individuals. Must have basic skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to work occasional overtime and irregular hours.
TO APPLY: Please click on the Application Button above and you will be redirected to our Career Page. Select our Lake Charles, LA, location and search for the Job Title.
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles LA, 70605
|Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that contains nearly 740 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites, with another 300-room tower currently in construction. It sports an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a waterslide and lazy river.
Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry’s signature restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest slot machines.
We offer an abundance of premier employment opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing, entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment (GNLV's parent company), through its various subsidiaries and affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant, hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi, Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35 states and 15 countries.
We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry’s Seafood House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump, Morton’s – The Steakhouse, McCormick’s & Schmick’s and Claim Jumper and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which include Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Texas.