Box Office Representative
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles , Louisiana 70601
Under the direction of the Employment Manager, the incumbent is responsible for serving the guests of Golden Nugget Lake Charles by performing the following functions at the Box Office, the Grand Events Center, and other entertainment and event spaces.
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures
- Consistently delivers positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees
- Assist in the prompt and accurate scanning of tickets for guests entering/exiting the entertainment and events venues
- Assist in the prompt and accurate application and checking of wristbands and other credentials for guests entering/exiting the entertainment and events venues
- Provide prompt, accurate and friendly seating assistance to guests entering the entertainment and events venues
- Assist management and guests in resolving problems and immediate needs during shows and events within approved policy standards
- Provide guests, teammates and vendors with accurate information
- Responsible for selling and distributing show tickets for concerts and events
- Maintain accurate bank balances
- Ensure control and protection of company assets through verification and documentation of transactions and area cleanliness, including cash banks, credit card scanners, computers, ticket scanners, flashlights, radios and office space/furniture
- Assist in the setup and removal of stanchion ropes, floor signage, counter signage, chairs, podiums and other event needs
- Polite and accurately directs guests verbally and physically to other amenities and facilities, including smoking areas, restrooms and elevators
- Provide prompt and courteous telephone service
- Available and willing to work irregular hours deemed necessary for business levels, including night and weekend shifts
- Responsible for maintaining a consistently good attendance record
- Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility
- Safeguard the confidential information of all employee, department and company records
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of an observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job description does not list all of the duties of this position. You may be instructed by management to perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One (1) year of related work experience in guest service, hospitality, retail, or a related field.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and other computer software preferred.
- Previous cash handling skills required.
Must have solid decision-making, organization, and interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal communication skills are required. Ability to function within a work environment with low lighting and high noise levels. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment. Must be able to lift, push and pull equipment and signage weighing up to 25 pounds. Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationships with all individuals. Ability to work occasional overtime and irregular hours.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Type of Position
How To Apply
Log-in and complete the Employer Online Application.
For Inquiries or a Cover Letter
Click here to email this job to a friend.
Share this job posting:
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles LA, 70605
|Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that contains nearly 740 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites, with another 300-room tower currently in construction. It sports an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a waterslide and lazy river.
Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry’s signature restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest slot machines.
We offer an abundance of premier employment opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing, entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment (GNLV's parent company), through its various subsidiaries and affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant, hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi, Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35 states and 15 countries.
We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry’s Seafood House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump, Morton’s – The Steakhouse, McCormick’s & Schmick’s and Claim Jumper and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which include Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Texas.