Senior Graphic Designer - Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Senior Graphic Designer
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Oct 15, 2016
Feb 21, 2017
Type of Position:
Job Description Summary
Senior Graphic Designers work closely with clients to produce concept-driven ideas for high-end retail promotions and advertising branding. Their work is translated into multiple vehicles for print and digital media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Oversee and work closely with the graphic design team on assignments and projects.
- Support the Art Director in creating branding concepts for the resort.
- Create multiple visual concepts for high-end retail promotions and private events.
- Create print ads and complicated direct mail with knowledge of final production techniques to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Design logos, brochures, menus, website and digital graphics and all on-property collateral.
- Develop graphics for TV, print, outdoor and direct mail marketing programs.
- Provide direction to ensure outside production partners deliver a quality product that meets expectations.
- Interact with internal clients on their projects from initial consultation meetings to final approval of concept.
- Support Art Director in the training of entry level graphic designers
- Maintain current working knowledge of all graphics software options and capabilities.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all digital advertising trends and techniques.
- Provides excellent guest service.
- Must comply with all applicable ACCRS and SRC System of Internal Controls, Standard Operating Procedures and all Tribal Regulations.
PREVIOUS GAMING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Required Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of an Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from a technical school; or at least five (5) years design management experience in either a Marketing Department, and/or Advertising firm with an emphasis on creative concepts and the creation of intricate art & design layout.
- A strong, equivalent proven background in Direct Mail design (minimum of three (3) years) that includes demonstrated experience in managing the design process for direct mail, will also be considered.
- Three years of experience in Casino Marketing preferred.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills, in English, on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to use and understand Macintosh hardware and graphic software such as Adobe Creative Suite and Quark Xpress.
- Outstanding organizational skills; must be able to multi-task
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must me able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 ˝ mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/work station for the duration of the shift. Also may be subjected to a smoke filled environment.
Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.