Director, Casino Cash Operations - Gulfstream Park
Director, Casino Cash Operations
Hallandale, Florida 33009
Jan 17, 2017
Feb 10, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The individual is responsible for all aspects of Cash Operations, and the safe and efficient operation of all cash handling and operating procedures, including but not limited to the daily operation of the cashier cages and administration of the vault, Soft counts, chip counts and maintenance and protection of the Casino, Mutuel, Cash Advance, F&B, and Poker bankroll.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Supervise staff to meet and exceed performance expectations by establishing and maintaining a positive work environment and effective employee relations.
- Submit maintenance work orders for repairs and modifications while maintaining a current knowledge of equipment.
- Strictly adhering to the compliance of all policies and procedures to the Departmental or Internal Control Manual.
- Provide assistance to drop team in completing drop on a daily basis.
- Is responsible for the administration of the supply level for the count team.
- Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest caliber of customer service and respect to all patrons, employees and GulfStream Casino personnel.
- Complete operational paperwork, confirming compliance with approved Accounting procedures and prepare daily paperwork for Audit department.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Comply with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- Maintain general awareness of gaming operation at all times and comply with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- Make recommendations in the hiring, training, evaluating, rewarding and apply disciplinary or corrective counseling to staff.
- Responsible for training new or existing employees on job responsibilities; documenting safety related issues and concerns; ensuring employees are appropriately trained in recognizing safety hazards; partaking in accident/incident investigations; addressing safety issues or unsafe working conditions; creating, implementing and communicating safety initiatives for the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- BS in Finance or Accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years experience acting as a Cash Operations Manager within a casino is required.
- The individual must possess the ability to interact with staff and patrons in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Must be computer literate which includes operation of a windows computer, excel, word, and custom in house programs.The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain in good standing a Professional Employee Occupational License.
Please Click on the Apply Now button and complete our Online Employment Application
901 South Federal Hwy
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Phone: (954) 454-7000
Fax: (954) 457-6565
Gulfstream Park is located in Hallandale, FL, offers winter thoroughbred horse racing and year-round gaming in the casino which boasts 850 slot machines, electronic blackjack and roulette, plus 20 live action poker tables and simulcasting in a 300,000 square foot state of the art smoke-free facility.
Guests enjoy an array of dining options, including the Ten Palms buffet restaurant and Christine Lee’s, as well as outdoor live entertainment. The Village offers guests a Mediterranean inspired collection of world-class retail shops, fashion boutiques, upscale home accessory shops, and over fifteen restaurants and bars to satisfy every taste.
The Stronach Group properties consist of Santa Anita Park, Golden Gate Fields, Gulfstream Park,The Maryland Jockey Club (Pimlico and Laurel), Portland Meadows, AmTote and XpressBet, and through some of these assets, is a supplier, via simulcasting, of live horseracing content to the inter-track, off-track and account wagering markets.