Bartender - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Tucson, Arizona 85756
Jan 11, 2017
Apr 11, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Position Summary:Under direct supervision of the Venue Manager, maintains efficient and courteous beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guest needs, providing knowledgeable, safe drink service, and providing consistent professional guest relation with a positive upbeat personality. Must have extensive knowledge of Title 4 liquor laws. Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow all alcohol beverage policy guidelines as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mixes and serves alcoholic drinks to Lounge/Bar patrons.
- Collects money for drinks served and makes change for patrons.
- Adheres to all state liquor laws and company internal controls.
- Responsible for the safe and clean environment of the Lounge/Bar area.
- Cleans and sterilizes glasses and bar equipment on a continual basis.
- Replaces empty beer kegs and replenishes wine units accordingly.
- Responsible for the check and audit of the till receipts for the shift and responsible for dispensing receipts to proper authorities.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Coordinates and maintains entertainment with Venue Manager.
- Possesses vast knowledge of spirits, wine, champagne and cocktails.
- Highly knowledgeable of drink prices and proper measurement.
- Serves alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages to casino guests and ensures that legal drinking age is followed and complies with all Title 4/Desert Diamond Casino Alcohol controls.
- Responsible for training new team members.
- Computes bills and accepts payments served to guests, must have basic math skills.
- Provides excellent guest service by continually checking on guests.
- Keeps the Bar top clean and free of debris.
- Keeps the service tables and floors clean.
- Serves guests in a responsive, caring, prompt, and courteous manner.
- Responds to guests requests.
- Must have high energy and motivated personality.
- Operates the POS cash register.
- Stocks service station.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire work area.
- Standard service techniques created for position be learned and must be followed consistently
- Monitors guests to ensure that they are not intoxicated and proper procedures are followed if intoxication is observed.
- Knows information regarding all Food and Beverage outlets/Casino Promotions and have ability to inform guests when asked.
- Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of service for our guests.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy.
- Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or GED preferred, plus recent experience as a high volume bartender in recognized establishment. Must have high energy and motivated personality or must have successfully completed one year in the TOGE Bar Back position. Must be 19 years of age or older. Must be able to obtain a Food License Card. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, tips certification, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Strong knowledge of Bartendering in a high volume Bar/Night Club environment.
- Knowledge of State Laws regarding Alcohol service and assertive in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
- Knowledge of bar items, liquors, and pricing.
- Knowledge of POS systems.
- Knowledge of cash handling.
- Ability to service guests in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Bar and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts are required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley offers what no other casino near Phoenix can. From great entrainment to amazing food Desert Diamond West Valley offers a little something for everybody. Winning works up an appetite, it’s good to have variety of classics just for you. Desert Diamond West Valley’s Food Court is serving up great daily specials; whether you’re looking for a quick snack or to satisfy a serious craving, we are serving up quality and value fast to get you back to your latest winning streak.