IT Network Administrator - Wind Creek Hospitality
IT Network Administrator
Wind Creek Hospitality
Montgomery, Alabama 36117
Jan 17, 2017
Mar 02, 2017
Type of Position:
The Network Administrator oversees and manages the Local Area Network, Server\PC\Switch configurations, and assists the Corporate Networking team as needed. This role also provides technical support, installation, maintenance, and software training support. Monitors/develops procedures for personal computer and network management.
Our genuine attentiveness and positive energy provide guests, especially women, an escape from their ordinary world into our exciting fantasy world of play, chance, and possibility. With this contribution, we give them a feeling of importance and belonging.
Our Enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and control the initiation and progress of network development by overseeing the assembly of resources and work plans to appropriate work schedules, in order to meet business objectives and priorities
- Comply with all gaming statutory obligations and company policy
- Support users and other IT team members with technical advice and problem resolution
- Works with the IT Director and Corporate Networking Team during budgeting season to identify future projects or upgrades that may be needed or beneficial to WCH
- Keeps accountability and assures the accuracy of automated equipment inventory, replacement and repair parts inventory, and hardware and software agreements assuring accuracy of the terms and agreements
- Oversees all networks of PC’s, Server’s and Point of Sale Systems
- Ensures that backup, recovery, and security procedures are set up and performed as planned and necessary
- Monitors the utilization of the LAN to detect potential errors or problems and provides necessary prevention guidelines. Monitors networks to determine upgrade requirements and general utilization issues
- Expected to stay informed on current and new technologies. Also sharing info on or recommending the use of these technologies.
- Assists with personal computer-related programming issues and projects as requested by the Management
- Assists in the supervision of IT Network operations as requested by IT Management and performs other job-related duties as required
- Works with Corporate Network Team to maintain all records and documentation relating to the physical structure of the local and wide area networks including site plans
- Maintains confidentiality; Works cooperatively with all levels of staff
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field –required
- OR five (5) years training and experience working with Cisco, Windows 2003 or 2008 Servers and WAN/LAN systems –required
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent certification –required
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Four (4) or more years’ experience in a network environment, preferably Cisco Switches, Windows 2003 or 2008 Servers and/or other Windows Applications
- Extensive and thorough knowledge of data communications, wide area networking technologies, and management tools and utilities used in both local and wide area networking
- Knowledge of computer maintenance, software support, network design, cabling, communications, and hardware selections installation
- Well- developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate with end-users at all levels and with vendors
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with IP telephony and telecommunications technology
- Ability to understand technical manuals, online technical documentation, software specifications, and systems software operations
- Willing to work odd and irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN PREFERENCE IN HIRING POLICY SHALL BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES
Please apply via the Application Button below and complete our Company Employment Application.
For internal employees please submit your Internal Job Posting Form to your property’s Human Resources office.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to office of the President and CEO of Wind Creek Hospitality.
Please Click on the Apply Now button and complete our Employment Application to be considered for this opportunity.
Wind Creek Hospitality
5825 Highway 21
Atmore, AL 36502
Wind Creek Hospitality (formerly PCI Gaming) is the hospitality enterprise of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians. The tribe owns three gaming properties in Alabama; Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Creek Casino Montgomery and Wind Creek Casino- Wetumpka. These three properties operate over 3,000 Class II electronic bingo games
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel is a 225,000 square-foot facility with 57,000 square feet of gaming floor and over 1,600 electronic gaming machines. The 160,000 square- foot, 17-story, 236-room hotel offers myrida of resort amenities including 24-hour room service. The facility offers a signature steakhouse, full-service buffet action station and a coffee bar.
Wind Creek Casino Wetumpka, located in Alabama features 85,000 square feet of casino space with more than 2,500 electronic games. A centerpiece of the new casino is a 16,000-gallon shark tank. The property offers an array of dining options, which include an extensive buffet, a fine dining steakhouse, a 24-hour café-style venue as well as a coffee shop. The new 20-story hotel offers 283 rooms and a pool.
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel Montgomery, located in Montgomery, AL, features 2,200 games and a High-Limit Room. Gaming, casual dining and ample free parking make it the perfect entertainment destination. Guests can dine at the Q Smokehouse, What to Fry, BB King Blues Club or The Wing Joint.