Cage Assistant Shift Manager - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Cage Assistant Shift Manager
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Dec 02, 2016
Jan 31, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Cage Assistant Shift Manager is accountable and responsible assisting the Cage Shift Manager in the operation of the cage department on a shift basis. Supervises all cage, and vault/ bank personnel in the performance of their duties to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable gaming experience.
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for supervising the cage personnel on assigned shift to ensure accurate control over casino funds. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Manages process and procedures to control and reduce loss time injuries.
- Review staffing levels to maintain budgeted employment. Delegate authority and assign responsibilities.
- Development of staff to include training interviewing for hires, performance management to include disciplinary counseling up to and including termination and conducting performance evaluation.
- Manages department financial data.
- Review cage shift activities with Cage Shift Manager
- Meet with departmental directors and managers as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- 3-5 years’ experience in casino cage operations in a casino environment that includes Slot / VLT machines and Table Games and Poker Tables
- A 4-year degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid license as determined by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency for the position
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to read complex documents and understand state and local tax laws, banking codes, gaming laws and regulations.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/