Hotel Preventative Maintenance (Facilities Technician) - Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Hotel Preventative Maintenance (Facilities Technician)
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601
Dec 28, 2016
Mar 01, 2017
Type of Position:
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for all general maintenance and repairs in hotel guest rooms.
• Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures.
• Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
• Perform all preventive maintenance on systems and maintains applicable log books.
• Conduct walk-through inspections; lighting rounds of entire property.
• Maintain the guest rooms, public space, and back of the hotel areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and tiling to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel.
• Support hotel departmental maintenance programs and executes daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
• Record gauge / meter readings, repairs completed and time lost due to inoperative equipment.
• Maintain technical logs and records all relevant data as appropriate.
• Maintain tools, equipment and supplies in good, clean, operating order; monitors supplies.
• Interface and coordinate with internal departments to schedule installations and repairs so as to cause minimal business interruption.
• Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
• Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Trade school certificate preferred
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and / or experience required.
TO APPLY: Please click on the Application Button above and you will be redirected to our Career Page. Select our Lake Charles, LA, location and search for the Job Title.
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles LA, 70605
|Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that contains nearly 740 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites, with another 300-room tower currently in construction. It sports an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a waterslide and lazy river.
Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry’s signature restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest slot machines.
We offer an abundance of premier employment opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing, entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment (GNLV's parent company), through its various subsidiaries and affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant, hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi, Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35 states and 15 countries.
We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry’s Seafood House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump, Morton’s – The Steakhouse, McCormick’s & Schmick’s and Claim Jumper and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which include Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Texas.