Sous Chef - Cherokee Nation Entertainment
Cherokee Nation Entertainment
Catoosa, Oklahoma 74015
Jan 06, 2017
Feb 05, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Sous Chef position is responsible for managing all back of the house operations for the Buffet. Oversee all food prep, production, service, storage and safe food handling practices. Ensure the highest quality food preparation and presentation. Maintain standards as set by the Property Executive Chef.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef with overseeing all food storage, preparation, and production.
- Oversee kitchen operations including controlling operations, labor costs, and food costs.
- Ensure excellent quality of food and proper presentation.
- Responsible for portion control, adherence of recipes, and timeliness of all food products.
- Responsible for proper rotation of all food products, proper storage of food products, and proper maintenance of inventory.
- Uphold proper cleanliness as well as proper maintenance of kitchen and all equipment.
- Provide leadership for team building and outstanding training for all kitchen employees.
- Proficiently operate basic office equipment, computer, and basic computer programs utilized in daily operations (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires direct supervision of employees, number of employees varies by location. This position also has indirect reports, number varies by location.
Frequent exposure to extreme cold, extreme heat, moisture, smoke and toxic/caustic chemicals. This position requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and balancing. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Potential employees must be 18 years of age or older. The potential employee must be able to pass a drug test and background check and must not have a felony conviction, whether expunged, annulled or sealed by the court. If you meet the minimum qualifications and are motivated to provide outstanding customer service, we hope you will apply for a position with us.
Hours May Vary.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree and 3 years related experience in full service establishments with multiple food outlets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to make decisions to impact customer satisfaction
- Maintain a positive professional working relationship with management and co-workers
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms.Must be able to obtain a Cherokee Nation Gaming License.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must obtain a Cherokee Nation Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Must obtain a ServSafe Certification.
A Native American preference employer
Location: Tulsa (Catoosa), Oklahoma
Cherokee Nation Entertainment is the retail, gaming, entertainment, hospitality and cultural tourism entity of the Cherokee Nation. CNE operates casinos in Tulsa, Claremore, South Coffeyville, Roland, West Siloam Springs, Fort Gibson, Sallisaw, Tahlequah and Ramona, as well as the Cherokee Travel Plaza, two Cherokee Outpost convenience stores, six retail tobacco shops, four gift shops, two golf courses and three hotels. The company recently completed a $155 million expansion at their resort property in Tulsa which is now branded as Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tulsa and a $125 million expansion of Cherokee Casino West Siloam Springs.
Cherokee Nation Businesses, L.L.C., is a wholly owned corporation of the Cherokee Nation and serves as the holding company for all of the Cherokee Nation’s for-profit entities.
CNB owns companies in aerospace, information technology, security and defense, environmental, construction, health care services and other industries.