Security Director - Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
Jan 24, 2017
Mar 25, 2017
Type of Position:
- Supervise all security management within the department. Conduct daily inspections of the management team and brief them as necessary.
- Schedule all management staff to meet the needs of the casino to include scheduling for all events, holidays, and mandatory meetings.
- Verify all reports to insure completeness and accuracy. Train all supervisors and assistants in report writing skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of Company Policies & Procedures and ability to read and understand Internal Controls.
- Train all supervisors and assistants in all procedures as directed by internal controls. To document all training activities and schedule supervisors for more training if needed. To ensure security training on a by- weekly basis on internal controls procedures. To train supervisors for advancement as necessary.
- Instruct Security team as to safety policies and procedures.
- Oversight of property wide Emergency Procedures. Coordinate efforts during emergency situations.
- Ability to counsel security management on company policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish rapport with other Directors and Managers through out the casino.
- To be able to adhere to known standards in Guest Services and train security management in this field by leading by example.
- Acts as liaison between casino and other departments.
- Acts as liaison with local and state law enforcement officials
- Work with corporate Risk Management and associate vendors to reduce liability claims.
- Oversees scheduling and administration to ensure staffing levels, gaming equipment and facility related matters are kept current.
- Ensures and maintains proper control over the gaming tables within the guidelines of the Colorado Gaming Commission and Ameristar Casino, Inc.
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential information disclosed by an Ameristar entity.
- Coach, monitor, and develop team members for improved performance.
- Issuing timely performance evaluations on team members, offering developmental guidelines and resources to achieve goals.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Must have a minimum of 3 - 6 years experience in casino security management accompanied by great leadership skills.
- Strong problem solving, mediation, coaching, and consulting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of property wide Emergency Procedures.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Colorado State Gaming Regulations.
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with team member issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is a plus.
- Able to maintain a valid state-issued Driver's License.
- Ablilty to obtain and maintain a Colorado Key Gaming License.
111 Richman Street
Black Hawk CO, 80422
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk located in the Rocky Mountains 40-miles west of Denver, offers an exceptional gaming and entertainment experience in the Denver metropolitan area. The property features a 71,500 square-foot casino; a luxury full-service hotel with 536 well-appointed rooms, including 64 suites; a roof-top pool; five dining and entertainment venues; a full-service luxury day spa; 15,000 square-feet of meeting and event space; and the largest parking garage in the market.
The casino consists of a complete selection of popular slot and table games. Offerings include more than 1,400 slot machines, 24 table games including blackjack, craps and roulette, and 17 poker tables.
The hotel tower contains more than 15,000 square-feet of flexible meeting space. Conference and meeting rooms are equipped with the latest technology, and the property’s diverse restaurants are able to cater any event.
The property features four restaurants and a Starbucks coffeehouse. These offerings benefit from Ameristar’s emphasis on culinary excellence, a standard that has won numerous awards across the country.