Slot Supervisor - Santa Ana Star Casino
Santa Ana Star Casino
Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico 87004
Dec 28, 2016
Jan 27, 2017
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Slot Shift Supervisor’s primary responsibilities are to ensure the successful operation of the slot floor. This individual supervises the operation of the Slot Department on an assigned shift, monitoring the performance of subordinates.
- Ensure excellent customer service.
- Ensure that Floor Attendants are serving the customer in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper paperwork is used for Taxable Jackpots, completed and turned in on time.
- Ensure all keys are signed in and out.
- Ensure all money banks are accounted for.
- Assist with slot machine jackpots, when needed.
- Log in all transactions in to the computer system daily.
- Create road maps for the Floor Attendants for the following day.
- Hold shift meetings with floor attendants daily.
- Administers the Slot Department functions, planning, directing, staffing, and controlling.
- Assists the Slot Manager in formulating short and long-range objectives and goals relating to the department
- Monitors slot activities for adherence to department, casino and National Indian Gaming Commission policies and, procedures.
- Safeguards departmental assets.
- Responsible for accurate processing of paperwork in accordance with procedures.
- Coordinates scheduling with the Slot Department Manager and Assistant Supervisor to ensure coverage of the floor, customer service and proper overtime management.
- Performs other Supervisor duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years on-the-job training.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be courteous, reliable, dependable and able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and coaching skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude towards guests and co-workers.
- Must possess good communication and writing skills.
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and work well as a part of a team.
- Must ascertain jackpot levels, payout schedules and pay table information.
- Knowledge of basic machine functions and trouble shooting.
- Possess problem-solving skills based on machine display, error and tilt codes.
- Follow all rules and regulations established for Santa Ana Star Casino.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment in handling a variety of situations.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
- Must be a Team Player.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle, and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to work various hours, as needed, including weekends and holidays.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle stress effectively.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Computer - Microsoft Applications.
- All traditional office equipment.
- Money counting and adding machines.
- Communication Radios.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather and a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
Hazards include working around moving equipment/machinery. Equipment and machinery must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.
54 Jemez Canyon Dam Road
Santa Ana Pueblo, NM 87004
Web Site: www.SantaAnaStar.com
Santa Ana Star Casino was the first Indian casino to operate in New Mexico, opening its doors in 1993. Growing from only 64 slot machines, “The Star” features over 1,400 machines independently certified as the “Loosest Slots in New Mexico” by Strictly Slots® Magazine. Video poker games, 26 table games, and live-action poker are also available daily.
Although gamers must be at least 21 years old, the entire family can enjoy other amenities at The Star. Starlight Lanes is a traditional bowling alley with an “out-of-this-world” twist. It contains 36 state-of-the-art lanes available to league members and casual bowlers, alike. The Star is also home to two full-scale restaurants—the Las Vegas-style Feast Buffet, which provides a contemporary Bosque-style atmosphere with live-action food stations; and Sadie’s at The Star, which features a variety of staple New Mexican dishes and traditional recipes from the world renowned Sadie’s of New Mexico restaurant.
Located just minutes north of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, Santa Ana Star Casino is “New Mexico’s Best Bet!” The Star offers a Vegas-style casino experience with an infusion of New Mexican charm. Reflecting the cultural authenticity and timelessness of the great southwest, it is an easily accessible regional destination for entertainment, excitement, and good, old fashioned value.
We recognize that people are our most important asset.
Our goal is to have every guest leave with a smile.
Santa Ana Star needs people who take pride in a job well done.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), free meal program, credit union, and PTO.
Extensive background investigation and pre-employment drug test required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer