Title 31 Coordinator - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Title 31 Coordinator
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Dec 16, 2016
Mar 17, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Title 31 Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Title 31 Compliance Officer in maintaining the Title 31 Compliance program to ensure compliance with applicable Federal and State gaming regulations.
The Title 31 Coordinator is also responsible for understanding and complying with Title 31, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations and requirements for Live!, and; assisting with the daily Title 31 compliance operation to include but not limited to all reporting requirements and leading the Title 31 program.
In addition, the Title 31 Coordinator is responsible for promoting positive guest relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Title 31 Compliance Officer in overseeing, processing, and ensuring accuracy of Title 31 related forms completed by casino staff.
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate submission of Title 31 required document filings.
- Maintain all regulated paperwork and postings.
- Monitor and review all Title 31 operational areas and assist in the drafting of sound, effective and operationally efficient internal control procedures that comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist the Title 31 Compliance Officer as they investigate reported suspicious activity as related to Title 31.
- Inform the Title 31 Compliance Officer of potential non-compliance issues promptly and appropriately.
- Ensure all team members are in compliance for all Title 31 programs, monitor team member Title 31 training and assist departments in meeting training requirements for successful and timely completion.
- Assist the Title 31 Compliance Officer with drafting written responses to internal and external Title 31 audits.
- Provide any other Title 31 support to casino departments and functions as needed.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to promptly respond to common inquiries, complaints, or requests from various internal and external parties in a professional manner.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with stress.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as internal controls and manuals.
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to talk and listen.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to operate desk-top or personal computer.
- Ability to regularly required sit, stand and walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The team member may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to twenty five (25) pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in an environment where the noise is usually moderate to loud.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline from an accredited college or four year university, preferred.
- One (1) year experience with Title 31 (Bank Secrecy Act), Anti-Money Laundering regulations, in a casino environment preferred.
- Strong understanding and comprehension of all relevant Title 31/Anti-Money Laundering, law and regulation, gaming audits and casino operations.
- Office skills, ability to use standard office equipment and computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Gaming license as mandated by the Maryland Lottery & Gaming Control Agency.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/