Assistant General Manager - River Cree Resort and Casino
Assistant General Manager
River Cree Resort and Casino
Feb 10, 2017
Mar 13, 2017
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Assistant General Manager will demonstrate leadership and a professional image to all guests, associates, local community representatives, vendors, competitors and governing agencies, while maintaining company standards for guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, quality assurance, and asset protection.
The Assistant General Manager will directly over see opportunities to expand the business or develop new business, provide total direction and consultation to all direct reports to ensure associate retention and guest loyalty alike.
The Assistant General Manager is directly responsible for the success of all departments. A hands-on approach is necessary to effectively manage the quality of customer service and the resort wide gaming experience. The Assistant General Manager can expect to:
- Ensure the Company’s Vision, Mission Values and Strategic Direction is conveyed through policies and tangible objectives which are met through the effective leadership and management of human, financial and physical resources
- Lead, Participate and Manage Process for all departments by accurately developing, coordinating and revising within the procedures established by River Cree the following: Annual Budgets, Annual Marketing Plans, Annual Capital Expenditure Plans, and Forecasts / Re-forecasts /Roll-ups, Annual Human Resource Plans
- Authorize and Organize the establishment of designated departments and associated senior staff positions, delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
- Monitor and Control Resources -- Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of all budgets for designated departments.
- Develop Objectives and Strategies -- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them for designated departments.
- Organize, Plan, and Prioritize Work -- Develop specific departmental and overall organizational goals to designated departments with plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish property goals.
- Provide Consultation and Advice -- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups of designated departments on financial, technical, systems, or process-related topics.
- Develop and Build Teams -- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members. If necessary, become involved in coordinating the work and activities of others to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Provide Recommendations to the General Manager on major decisions that may impact the organization.
- Guide, Direct, and Motivate Subordinates -- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Make Decisions and Solve Problems -- Analyze all departmental information and evaluate results to act on the best solutions available in order to solve problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITY
- Supervises, Coaches and holds Directors and Department Heads accountable in the performance of their duties
- Establishes policy within parameters established by River Cree
- Determines and authorizes staffing level requirements
- Reviews records to administer budgets in attainment of profit objectives
- Reviews capital expense requests for approval by the General
- Submits request over prearranged limit for management board approval if he deems such requests as appropriate
- Directs and reviews marketing objectives for maintaining equitable customer traffic flows and promoting special events
- Authorizes customer comp limits and policies
- Represents the facility externally to business and political leaders
- Approves customer credit to assigned limits
- Assists with preparing, reviewing, forecasting and projecting departmental budgets.
- Participates in weekly DH meetings and any other meetings that the GM deems necessary.
- Reviews and investigates incidents that have occurred at the casino.
- Represents River Cree Resort & Casino at various community and other events.
- Develop, coach and lead direct reports.
- General Manager will delegate duties to the Assistant General Manager as he/she deems necessary (in the event that the General Manager is absent from the Resort).
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Degree from a college or university.
- Minimum of at least five (5) years of experience on the Senior Management level in Table Games and Slot Operations.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Canadian work permit.
- Specialization in a particular functional area or service either through specific university training in that area or through previous experience.
- Extensive understanding of all table games and slot department operations.
- Must be able to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to hold an AGLC Gaming License
Relocation assistance is negotiable.
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Canadian work permit. If in possession of a valid Canadian work permit, please update resume to reflect as such before applying.
|Please apply through the application button above, which forward your Casino Careers resume via email. You may also email a cover letter and resume in confidence via the Email Employer button or Fax your resume to 780-930-2629.
River Cree Resort and Casino
Amanda Hall, Recruitment Specialist
300 East Lapotac Blvd.
Enoch, Alberta, Canada T7X 3Y3
The River Cree Resort and Casino is a full-service state-of-the-art gaming, hotel and entertainment establishment located on the outskirts of Edmonton, Alberta at the Enoch Cree Nation.
River Cree Resort and Casino offers 34 table games, which include Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Baccarat, Poker and many other exciting games, such as the new EZ Baccarat featuring Dragon Bonus and Panda 8, as well as over 1,100 slot machines.
The Resort also features a 4 1/2-star hotel. The Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort is a full-service 249 room hotel with 11 luxury suites and the finest amenities. Guests can enjoy a wide selection of dining and nightlife options, such as the casino Centre Bar, Sage - a fine-dining experience with the very best in steaks and seafood, Tap 25 - a sports lounge, and the Kitchen Buffet & Bistro.