Security Guard (Licensed) - Tioga Downs Casino
Security Guard (Licensed)
Tioga Downs Casino
Nichols, New York 13812
Nov 29, 2016
Jan 28, 2017
Type of Position:
- Provides excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Generates necessary written reports regarding security-related incidents involving customers, Associates and/or the facility
- Escorts and observes customers and Associates to ensure their safety and protection, identifies potential safety hazards and report same to the appropriate individual for proper resolution.
- Becomes familiar with hazardous materials used on property, and all applicable laws, rules and regulations governing same.
- Acts as a Dispatcher during emergency situations, and coordinates solutions to same, informs outside agencies of any unusual or suspicious situations on property.
- Operates company vehicles as directed to do so.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Company’s facilities, as well as special events on property in order to advise customers and fellow Associates of same, whenever possible.
- Ensures safe transportation of company moneys, assists in the opening and closing of the gaming floor.
- Interacts with customers and Associates in a positive, professional manner.
- Ensures a maximum level of customer service and satisfaction throughout the property is achieved and maintained.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Maintains a series of keys, accessing locked areas as necessary.
- Accepts identification from all persons who appear to be under the legal age, to ensure compliance with state and federal gaming regulations.
- May be designated as officer-in-charge to function as a supervisor for a shift.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Must be a New York State licensed Security Guard.
Knowledge of, and experience with, closed circuit television equipment preferred.
Minimum of two years in law enforcement, surveillance, or related area required.
Must possess excellent observational and communication skills.
Must be able to detect any schemes or cheating activity aimed at the company or its’ guests. Valid NYS Security Officer License required.
Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to apply commonsense reasoning to a variety of situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The Associate is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The Associate is regularly required to lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the project floor, the noise level increases to loud.
Tioga Downs Casino
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino, located in Nichols, NY, has a 5/8 mile world class harness racetrack, over 700 Video Gaming Machines, and Simulcast betting from other tracks. A spacious new expansion, expected to open late in 2016, will now feature 900 slot machines, approximately 45 table games, which includes 12 poker games. Table games will include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, Mini Baccarat, Big Six, and Let it Ride Poker.
Tioga Downs Casino offers live entertainment and a wide array of dining options such as Virgil’s Real Barbeque, the County Fair Buffet, Mr. G's Post Time Pizza, the Carousel Bar, and Coasters Sports Bar. A Hotel is currently being built which will entertain all family members during all the seasons.