Lead Cook (Sushi) - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Lead Cook (Sushi)
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Dec 29, 2016
Feb 15, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible for making sushi and other offerings in compliance with recipes and standards at Chang Shou, while delivering an exceptional guest experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote Cache Creek Casino Resort in a positive manner.
- Assign tasks to employees with approval from Sous chef.
- Prepare cold food, sandwiches and dressings.
- Basic vegetable prep, slicing, dicing and proper handling.
- Preparation and handling of meat, fish and starches etc.
- Basic hot food preparation.
- Frying, baking, grilling, roasting and poaching techniques.
- Saucier, butter sauces and other sauces.
- Prepare all necessary menu items including soups and sauces as directed by sous chef.
- Employee dining room cooking, salad bar set up etc.
- Basic Garde manager.
- Proficiency in knife and equipment skills.
- Keep recipe cards exactly and assist in preparing new cards for special or new menus.
- Assist in periodic menu review and revision.
- Set up mise en place for the station.
- Set up buffet stations, perform carving, stir-fry or other designated function at each station.
- Direct the preparation of food while upholding the highest standards of culinary quality.
- Maintain schedules of soup and buffet menus.
- Time the cooking of food to ensure the buffet opens on time.
- Check the quality and temperature of food insuring consistency and standards are met.
- Assist with banquets and special functions
- Be cost conscious at all times.
- Rotate food in coolers, dry storage and personal mise en place to insure freshness and reduce waste and spoilage.
- Keep refrigerators clean and neat at all times.
- Report all faulty equipment and unsafe conditions.
- Help train new subordinate kitchen employees in their responsibilities, required knowledge, skills and organization of the kitchen.
- Contribute a list of needed items of the daily food order.
- Discuss daily events and production with sous chef.
- Make suggestions to improve the quality and presentation of food.
- Communicate effectively with staff from both FOH and BOH.
- Comply with all Cache Creek policies and procedures.
- Daily preparation work in the department, filleting fish, and preparing sushi to fill sushi case and customer orders.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in making nigiri and maki, tempura, udon, and Ramen, and in cutting sashimi.
- Knowledge of and ability to prepare stocks, soups, mother sauces, all varieties of meat including veal, pork, beef, lamb, poultry, game and seafood.
- Must have knife and equipment skills and knowledge of hot & cold food.
- 2 years kitchen service including 1 year in equivalent position at a high quality restaurant, resort or hotel, or combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License. Sanitation Certificate
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Other Skills and Abilities
Strong leadership ability and excellent culinary knowledge required.
Union Position - Wage increases at 6 months & 1 year of employment
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online at jobs.cachecreek.com and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!