Soft Count Associate (VLT Drop) - Tioga Downs Casino
Soft Count Associate (VLT Drop)
Tioga Downs Casino
Nichols, New York 13812
Feb 21, 2017
Apr 22, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintains a thorough, working knowledge of laws, rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, as well as company policies, procedures and controls.
- Ensures the integrity of all Soft Count transactions.
- Oversees drop collection process and counting money.
- Maintains all records, reports and other required paperwork related to the VLT drops and Soft Count Department.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or (GED) required.
Effective communication skills required. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The Employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The Employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Employee regularly works with money.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Tioga Downs Casino
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino, located in Nichols, NY, has a 5/8 mile world class harness racetrack, over 700 Video Gaming Machines, and Simulcast betting from other tracks. A new expanded gaming floor now features 944 slot machines, approximately 45 table games, which includes 12 poker games. Table games will include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, Mini Baccarat, Big Six, and Let it Ride Poker.
Tioga Downs Casino offers live entertainment and a wide array of dining options such as Virgil’s Real Barbeque, the County Fair Buffet, Mr. G's Post Time Pizza, the Carousel Bar, and Coasters Sports Bar. A Hotel is currently being built which will entertain all family members during all the seasons.