Restaurant Sous Chef - Buffet - Four Winds Casino Resort
Restaurant Sous Chef - Buffet
Four Winds Casino Resort
New Buffalo, Michigan 49117
Dec 20, 2016
Jan 19, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible for the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods while ensuring the efficiency of the line and kitchen operations in accordance with specifications and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation and presentation.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Administers production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
• Estimates amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
• Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Instructs cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
• Monitors sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
• Orders or requisitions food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Follows all recipes, specs, and control procedures.
• Demonstrates new cooking techniques, recipes, and equipment to kitchen staff.
• Monitors guest satisfaction.
• Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
• Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
• Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
• Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
• Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
• Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
Supervises all Cooks 2 and 1 on an assigned shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred. Culinary degree or formal apprenticeship preferred and two to three years multi-ethnic cooking experience.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Appropriate licenses, as required. ServSafe® certification, or ability to become certified, required. Knowledge of HACCP standards required. Extensive knowledge of food safety and sanitation, culinary nutrition, and supervisory management.
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to write effective reports and memos. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to interpret data from graphs.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee’s work environment may, at times, be very warm or very cold. The work environment includes moderate exposure to slippery work surfaces and greasy areas.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds Casinos
Hartford | Dowagiac
New Buffalo, Michigan
Four Winds Casinos are owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians and all properties are located in the state of Michigan.
Four Winds New Buffalo is located 75 miles east of Chicago. The 125,000 square foot casino contains over 3,000 slots, 70 table games, retail shops, 6 restaurants, including Hard Rock Café Four Winds, Copper Rock Steakhouse, The Buffet, Timbers and Grab 'N' Go. Guests can enjoy cocktails in the restaurants and the Martini Bar and Sports Bar. The facility also offers a child care facility and arcade (Kids Quest), a hotel with 415 rooms, suites and celebrity suites, as well as a full service events center.
Four Winds Hartford features 560 slot machines and nine table games, including blackjack and roulette. Guests can dine at the Timbers Fast Food Deli, featuring a 74 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds Dowagiac features 300 slot machines and four table games, including blackjack and Mississippi Stud. Four Winds Dowagiac offers the Timbers Fast Food & Deli, featuring a 30 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds' philosophy is to create an environment that encourages and rewards team effort and to develop a culture that is goal-oriented, success driven, and consistently fair to employees, guests, and community members. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to give the right people unparalleled opportunities for employment.
Friendliness at Four Winds sets us apart from the rest. Our employees provide a level of service and respect that exceeds anything a Midwest gamer has ever received or imagined. We ask our employees to pay attention to every detail:
• Appreciate the Guest
• Consistently Deliver Quality
• Exceed Expectations
• Strive to Build Loyalty
We listen to our customers, and in turn we listen to and reward our employees. At Four Winds, we maintain our values of: