Steward* - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Feb 18, 2017
Mar 19, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Carry out and follow policies and procedures of FSRC.
- Follows directions from the Executive Steward and Stewarding Supervisors.
- Must maintain proper use, cleaning and handling of all equipment and product.
- Maintain superior level of professionalism.
- Cleans floors by sweeping, mopping and using a floor scrubber.
- Cleans worktables, walls, ceilings, refrigerators and other equipment as specified by supervisors.
- Separates and removes trash and recyclables in designated containers.
- Cleans and steams garbage cans, drains and floors.
- Prepares and distributes food, equipment and other material as specified by supervisors or other designates.
- Assists with transportation of food and equipment as specified.
- Assists chefs with banquet plating operation. Distributes equipment prior to and after banquet events as directed by supervisors and banquet chef,
- Notifies guests and employees of safety hazards such as water on floor by placing proper signage and safety materials/cones in appropriate areas.
- Attends all safety and chemical handling training classes as provided.
- Ensures chemicals and containers are secure, stored properly, and disposed of following established procedures and standards.
- Maintains open communication with supervisors, peers, and management.
- Knowledge of all kitchen and storage areas.
- Maintains food warmers, cold boxes and general cleanliness of all areas.
- Assists with cleaning, sanitation and stocking as required/needed.
- Timely execution of all responsibilities and assignments.
- Ensures the highest degree of sanitation is kept at all times.
- Completes other job related duties as assigned.
- Maintain proper uniform and meet established appearance standards consistently.
- Completes all tasks, duties, and assignments within specified timelines.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Requires prolonged standing and walking for up to 6 hours.
- Requires normal mobility, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Requires bending, lifting and reaching from floor to height of six feet.
- Requires lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Requires transporting of materials and product, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering carts weighing up to 400 lbs.
- Requires normal sense of smell, taste, touch, and hearing.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
- Must be able to work all shifts as scheduled.
- Work requires normal ability to tolerate standard chemicals used to clean and sanitize.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and guests.
- Must be able to accomplish job tasks while maintaining a high degree of present ability to guests.
- Must be able to properly communicate with internal guests.
- Must possess knowledge of use, cleaning, breakdown and maintenance of equipment.
- Must maintain a high level of sanitation and safety.
- Must be able to maintain a consistent work speed/pace under normal to busy operating/business conditions.
- Ability to understand Basic English to allow safe work practices with chemicals, kitchen and cleaning equipment, safety signs, and other work related on the job information necessary to complete the duties of the position.
- Any combination of education or work experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the job.
- Previous experience in similar position is preferred but not required.
- Sanitation / Food Handlers certificate required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Division/Department : Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Shift/Hours : Varies
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
How to apply by fax:
Please make sure to list which positions you are applying for:
FAX your resume to (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique, LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.