Database Marketing Manager - Laguna Development Corporation
Database Marketing Manager
Laguna Development Corporation
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87121
Jan 17, 2017
Feb 16, 2017
Type of Position:
- Adhere to Laguna Development Corporation (LDC) Core Values, Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the corporation.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop long and short-term strategic direct marketing programs and procedures.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Create and manage the departmental budget.
- Meet departmental financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Supervise program production by internal and external sources to meet established deadlines.
- Evaluate and react to direct mail strategies of competitive set.
- Monitor customer reinvestment by segment.
- Support players club and other property departments impacted by programs and promotions implemented by database marketing.
- Implement test & control programs in direct marketing campaigns as well as report results.
- Consistently explore the database to identify growth opportunities and trends.
- Develop direct response strategy for customer acquisition and recovery.
- Ensure integrity of customer database by developing end-user input standards and training, maintaining database cleansing, and developing direct mail quality control guidelines.
- Analyze and/or forecast results for all direct mail programs, events and marketing promotions.
- Administer offers, coupons, and promotions to insure comprehensive tracking.
- Develop and perform complex queries, data segmentation, and analysis using available systems and database tools.
- Create reports and spreadsheet analysis that clearly present program results and conclusions from data mining.
- Handle customer inquiries and/or comments regarding direct marketing offers.
- Identify opportunities to improve data capture, build business intelligence, lower costs and drive revenue.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to work in a high pace, multi-task environment.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and strictly adhere to the Pueblo of Laguna Gaming Control Board/Tribal Gaming Regulatory Authority rules and regulations, Federal controls, and State controls as they relate to the Marketing Department.
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all LDC personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Actively participate in Management Development Leadership Series (MDLS) yearly.
- Actively participate in LDC Management Capacity Program as required.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s Degree required with five to seven years of relevant work experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills required.
- Marketing experience in a casino environment preferred.
- Experience with sequel preferred.
- Experience with data analytics, script and SQL preferred.
Computer Equipment, Software, Machinery:
- Advanced to Expert Level proficiency in Excel.
- Intermediate Level proficiency in Access.
- VizExplorer software preferred.
- Experience with player tracking systems, Oasis/SuperPlaymate preferred.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and basic office equipment.
- The job requires the ability to hear, sit, talk, repetitive use of hands, vision, push/pull, carry, lift and slide/transfer 25-100% of the time.
- The job requires the ability to balance/climbing, bending over, crawl, crouch/stoop, drive, kneel, reaching overhead, stand, turn/twist and walk 1-24% of the time.
Essential Mental Demands:
- Requires the ability to solve problems, organize, plan, make decisions, interpret data, read and write 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to recommend the hire, promote, compensate, train, discipline, schedule, apportion work, direct, appraise, measure performance, plan budgets and recommend the termination of subordinate employees.
- The job is performed primarily indoors in an administrative setting.
- Obtain and maintain a gaming license through the Pueblo of Laguna’s Gaming Control Board and must provide/maintain a valid New Mexico drivers’ license.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Laguna Development Corporation
14500 Central Ave.
Albuquerque NM, 87121
Laguna Development Corporation, founded in 1998, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Pueblo of Laguna. The corporation is a federally chartered tribal corporation with businesses consisting of 2 casinos, 5 retail outlets, 10 food and beverage venues as well as other business ventures.
Route 66 Casino, located 14 miles west of Albuquerque, includes more than 1200 slot and video games, 20 table games, 500 seat bingo parlor, and Legends Theater.
Dancing Eagle Casino is located 50 miles west of Albuquerque and boasts 500 slot machines and contains food and retail operations.
All employees are provided with a generous compensation package which includes: competitive salary, bonus incentives, medical benefits, vacation and paid holidays.