Executive Chef - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Nov 30, 2016
Jan 16, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Executive Chef contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
1. *Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; resolving problems; and teaching culinary academy classes.
2. *Oversee all casino and hotel culinary operations, working closely with Executive Sous Chef, Executive Pastry Chef, and venue Chefs on food selection, quality, and service to ensure maximum guest satisfaction. Enforce food quality standards and training procedures across the organization.
3. *Lead and drive innovative menu engineering, including but not limited to presenting unique dishes and concepts; monitoring menu content; and evaluating cost ramifications of menu changes.
4. *Develop venue budgets, assist each venue in operating within established budgetary guidelines, evaluate financial reports, and adjust operations as needed to achieve financial goals.
5. *Assist all venues in managing food and labor costs to ensure maximum efficiency, reduce waste, and control costs.
6. *Ensure all back of house work areas are safe, sanitary, and organized, including but not limited to monitoring cleanliness, administering internal safety programs, and working with external vendors.
7. *Work closely with Purchasing and external vendors to obtain the best quality in pricing and product. Conduct cost analysis and execute product cuttings in coordination with Purchasing.
8. Coordinate with the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Pastry Chef to drive the professional development of culinary management and team members.
9. Assist Food and Beverage Director to develop and adjust strategic plans; increase productivity, quality, and customer service standards; and identify and resolve problems.
10. Conduct regular meetings with Executive Sous Chef, Executive Pastry Chef, and Restaurant Chefs. Support all venues and provide the proper tools to ensure successful operation.
11. Establish, update, and ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
2. A high school diploma or equivalent and 8 years of progressively responsible, related experience in a multi-venue hotel/resort or casino of similar size are required. A Bachelor’s degree can take the place of 3 years of experience.
3. Five years of managerial experience is required.
4. Experience as an Executive Chef at a large property and/or American Culinary Federation (ACF) Executive Chef certification required.
5. The ability to successfully achieve ServSafe and Responsible Alcohol certification within 90 days.
6. Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
7. The ability to perform portion and quantity conversions.
8. The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
9. Strong influencing and relationship-management skills. The ability to interact with stakeholders of all levels and understand the interests of multiple stakeholders and how those interests relate to PH&C and its goals.
10. The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
11. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, and move for duration of scheduled shift. The team member must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member may occasionally be required to lift or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will work near moving parts and extreme noise, such as kitchen equipment, and will be required to work in a hot environment, such as over and near ovens, cooktops, and open flames and in a cold environment such as in freezer/production prep kitchen areas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered, you must create your Profile and complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!