Special Events Manager - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Special Events Manager
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Nov 29, 2016
Jan 28, 2017
Type of Position:
- CLEAN- Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE- Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST- Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY- Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN- Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
The Manager, Special Events is responsible for the successful planning implementation of all Maryland Live events, as well as invitational promotional programs and offers. Successful special events are an integral part of Live Casino & Hotel being the #1 regional gaming and entertainment experience.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages Live Casino’s special events to outpace the competitors in the region. Will provide ongoing cost benefit analysis and return on investment for all major programs. Will monitor the competition by consulting newspapers, trade journals and other publications to learn about contemplated promotions, social functions and activities of casino and offers.
- Manage the special events life-cycle for both on property and off property events, including research, planning, implementation, evaluation and analysis. Utilize internal resources as well as external resources.
- Organize all special events efforts to drive rated play, stimulate slot and table games play, with slot and table tournaments, dinners, gift giveaways and tier based promotions, etc.
- Create a warm, welcoming and exciting environment for each program.
- Effectively communicate, measure and report the effectiveness of each program.
- Lead as point of contact for special events ideas to achieve specific challenges.
- Build relationships and meet with other department directors and managers as necessary. Plan, evaluate and execute.
- Source and acquire vendors and resources that support the operational and budgetary needs of the department.
- Manage a team consisting of Supervisors, Coordinators and Representatives. Ensure training, development and performance management.
- Interview potential new hires and make sound hiring decisions based on company values.
- Develop, maintain and balance an annual budget.
- Travel to off-site locations and networking events as necessary.
- Promote and practice excellent public relations and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures and deadlines in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to work a flexible and irregular schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ability to stand 25% of the time
- Ability to sit 75% of the time
- Able to life 50 lbs.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Five to seven years of experience in special events in a high volume hospitality business. Casino industry experience is desired.
- A 4-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency for the position.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/