Cook I - Santa Ana Star Casino
Santa Ana Star Casino
Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico 87004
Dec 28, 2016
Jan 27, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Cook I position is an entry level culinary position that requires only the most basic cooking or culinary skills. It does however require good communication skills and a positive attitude. This production position will have regular supervision and training.
- Maintain kitchen sanitation in accordance with all health department guidelines.
- Required to learn all menu items and learn how to cook them with the specified cooking methods.
- Perform all work assignments to meet the required quantities within the appropriate timelines.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently follow specific instructions.
- Ability to do repetitive tasks accurately for extended periods of time.
- Assist in the acceptance of deliveries as needed.
- Maintain safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the outlet for effective day to day operations.
- Communicate effectively with both front of the house and back of the house.
- Check the preparation of the food, insuring the highest standards of quality.
- Help to train new kitchen team members in their responsibilities, basic knowledge, skills, and organization of the kitchen.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preference given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 6+ Months restaurant or culinary experience preferred but not essential.
- Must be able to work any scheduled hours and shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission non-gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately measure and keep accurate records.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret all basic culinary math.
Essential Physical Functions
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talks and hear.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in areas with extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
54 Jemez Canyon Dam Road
Santa Ana Pueblo, NM 87004
Web Site: www.SantaAnaStar.com
Santa Ana Star Casino was the first Indian casino to operate in New Mexico, opening its doors in 1993. Growing from only 64 slot machines, “The Star” features over 1,400 machines independently certified as the “Loosest Slots in New Mexico” by Strictly Slots® Magazine. Video poker games, 26 table games, and live-action poker are also available daily.
Although gamers must be at least 21 years old, the entire family can enjoy other amenities at The Star. Starlight Lanes is a traditional bowling alley with an “out-of-this-world” twist. It contains 36 state-of-the-art lanes available to league members and casual bowlers, alike. The Star is also home to two full-scale restaurants—the Las Vegas-style Feast Buffet, which provides a contemporary Bosque-style atmosphere with live-action food stations; and Sadie’s at The Star, which features a variety of staple New Mexican dishes and traditional recipes from the world renowned Sadie’s of New Mexico restaurant.
Located just minutes north of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, Santa Ana Star Casino is “New Mexico’s Best Bet!” The Star offers a Vegas-style casino experience with an infusion of New Mexican charm. Reflecting the cultural authenticity and timelessness of the great southwest, it is an easily accessible regional destination for entertainment, excitement, and good, old fashioned value.
We recognize that people are our most important asset.
Our goal is to have every guest leave with a smile.
Santa Ana Star needs people who take pride in a job well done.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), free meal program, credit union, and PTO.
Extensive background investigation and pre-employment drug test required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer