Executive Director - Gaming Commission - Sandia Resort & Casino
Executive Director - Gaming Commission
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Mar 20, 2017
Apr 03, 2017
Type of Position:
Charged with the overall responsibility for regulating Sandia Resort and Casino, and overseeing the Sandia Tribal Gaming Commission to ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Tribal laws and regulations.
The Executive Director has the responsibility of monitoring, on a continuous basis, all aspects of gaming operation to include supervision of Inspections, Licensing, Criminal Investigations, and Surveillance
- Reports directly to the Governor and Tribal Council.
- Supervises the following staff as required:
- Surveillance Manager
- Executive Secretary, and
- Licensing Technicians
- Inspector/Auditor IT
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors enterprise operations ensuring the regulatory compliance of all gaming activities.
- Ensures that gaming operations comply with appropriate Tribal resolutions and ordinances.
- Ensures that gaming activities conform to all requirements contained in P.L. 100-497 (Indian Gaming Regulatory Act) and the HB399 Tribal-State Compact.
- Ensures that proper licensing requirements for gaming employees and vendors are met.
- Reviews, monitors, and recommends to the Gaming Commission, changes to internal operating systems which may include, but not be limited to, bingo, slot machines, card and table games, accounting, security, health, and safety.
- Establishes and maintains a professional working relationship with appropriate federal, state, and municipal agencies with regard to gaming regulatory matters.
- Prepares an annual, capital and operational budget and submits to the Tribal Council and Governor for approval.
- Prepares and gives oral and written reports to the Commission, Tribal Council, and to organizations and agencies as assigned.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
- Responsible for supervising all staff including that shared with the Commission Chair.
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the Commission Chair.
- Provides assistance /guidance to all mangers (Casino/Resort) when reviewing regulatory compliance issues.
- Teambuilding, coaching and mentors departmental managers.
- Assistant in and identify training needs for the department.
- Ensures criminal investigations are thorough and followed through (i.e. prosecution).
- Assist and direct external auditors.
- Review Casino financial statements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret complex budgetary, financial, and statistical documents.
- Ability to prepare written documents/reports.
- Ability to prepare and give technical presentations to Tribal and Governmental offices.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to successfully complete a background investigation and be bondable.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment involving complex decisions.
- Applied knowledge of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act and related gaming laws and ordinances.
- Working knowledge involving the preparation and administration of Tribal budgets.
- Basic knowledge of the processes involved in the planning and enforcement of large-scale security, health, and safety issues.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field of study and six (6) years of managerial experience in a gaming industry or comparable combined experience in a business, public accounting, public administration, or law enforcement.
- Any combination of education from an accredited college or university in a related field and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling ten (10) years may substitute for the required education and experience.
- Experience should also include the development and administration of organizational/operational programs and procedures
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
To Apply: Click on the "Apply Now" button and complete our company's online application.
Human Resources Dept.
30 Rainbow Rd., NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Sandia Resort & Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of I-25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque.
The casino offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,100 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, Three Card Poker, Let It Ride, the state's largest non-smoking Poker room, Bingo and live Keno.