Lead Cook - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
Dec 12, 2016
Feb 10, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus three years recent experience as a cook; at least one year of supervisory experience as a lead cook/saucier or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers Card. Must be at least 18 years of age. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and utensils maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
- Knowledge of Sauce and stock making.
- Knowledge of meat and fish butchery.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to be organized and coordinate task amongst team members and subordinates.
- Ability to read and write.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to prepare a variety of foods. Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Knowledge f basic food and there uses.
- Knowledge of all food and safety regulations.
- Ability to teach culinary methods, techniques and principles to cooks in a clear manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes and steam. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley offers what no other casino near Phoenix can. From great entrainment to amazing food Desert Diamond West Valley offers a little something for everybody. Winning works up an appetite, it’s good to have variety of classics just for you. Desert Diamond West Valley’s Food Court is serving up great daily specials; whether you’re looking for a quick snack or to satisfy a serious craving, we are serving up quality and value fast to get you back to your latest winning streak.