Room Chef - Tioga Downs Casino
Tioga Downs Casino
Nichols, New York 13812
Nov 27, 2016
Jan 26, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Provides excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Directs the culinary and sanitation operations for Virgil’s Real Barbecue at Tioga Downs.
- Hires, trains supervises and motivates all kitchen hourly Associates for Virgil’s.
- Coaches, counsels or disciplines kitchen Associates as needed and recommends suspension or termination of Associates, where appropriate, for severe violations of policies or procedures.
- Conducts Associates performance appraisals in accordance with company procedures.
- Upholds excellent kitchen hygiene conditions at all times and complies with all local, State and Federal regulations regarding food service.
- Orders food and beverage products as needed for one or more food and beverage outlets.
- Collaborates with Virgil’s parent company to develop menus, specials and promotions.
- Orders operating supplies as needed for one or more food and beverage outlets. +
- Controls food and labor costs on a continual basis within approved budgetary controls.
- Oversees the planning, production, preparation, portioning or garnishment of all foods.
- Participates and presides over departmental and venue meetings facilitating the flow of pertinent Information from management to Associates.
- Works with various departments in resolving venue conflicts and disputes as needed ensuring high standards of customer service and Associate relations.
- Collaborates with Marketing Dept. and Restaurant Manager to promote business prospects and positive image of Virgil’s.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises all kitchen associates on assigned shift.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of Associates Degree in Culinary of Hospitality Management is required. Minimum of four to six years previous experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant or hotel, with progressive supervisory experience. Extensive knowledge of barbecue cuisine.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand and walk.
The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino, located in Nichols, NY, has a 5/8 mile world class harness racetrack, over 700 Video Gaming Machines, and Simulcast betting from other tracks. A spacious new expansion, expected to open late in 2016, will now feature 900 slot machines, approximately 45 table games, which includes 12 poker games. Table games will include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, Mini Baccarat, Big Six, and Let it Ride Poker.
Tioga Downs Casino offers live entertainment and a wide array of dining options such as Virgil’s Real Barbeque, the County Fair Buffet, Mr. G's Post Time Pizza, the Carousel Bar, and Coasters Sports Bar. A Hotel is currently being built which will entertain all family members during all the seasons.