Specialty Cook - Sushi - Cherokee Nation Entertainment
Specialty Cook - Sushi
Cherokee Nation Entertainment
Catoosa, Oklahoma 74015
Feb 08, 2017
Mar 10, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Specialty Cook – Sushi position reports to the Executive Sous Chef. This position will be responsible for all aspects of sushi in any venue where sushi is offered. This position is responsible for following standardized preparations, plating, presentations for various venues, adhering to recipes and portion controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must manage multiple projects without having direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for producing different types of sushi including sashimi, nigiri, maki, etc.
- Responsible for plating and presentation of sushi for various venues.
- Must adhere to standards for plating, portioning and presentation of all items.
- Ensures excellent quality of food and proper presentation.
- Responsible for timeliness of all food products.
- Must uphold cleanliness standards for kitchen operations, kitchen equipment, and kitchen tools.
- Must be able to prepare and present sushi for all venues as assigned.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Manage multiple projects without having direct supervisory responsibilities.
Maintain a close working relationship with co-workers and management.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, VISUAL STRAIN
Considerable physical activity. May require handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following basic safety precautions.
Potential employees must be 18 years of age or older. The potential employee must be able to pass a drug test and background check and must not have a felony conviction, whether expunged, annulled or sealed by the court. If you meet the minimum qualifications and are motivated to provide outstanding customer service, we hope you will apply for a position
WHO MAY APPLY
- To be considered for a transfer or promotion you must be in your current position for a minimum of 180 days.
- Your record must be free from any corrective action above a step one 60 (sixty) days prior to your request for promotion or transfer.
Hours May Vary.
Hours May Vary.
PREPARATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent and 1 year of experience with Asian cuisine and sushi required.
Ability to work a flexible schedule in a hands-on environment. Must have a Food Handler’s Card from Cherokee Nation.
A Native American preference employer
Location: Tulsa (Catoosa), Oklahoma
Cherokee Nation Entertainment is the retail, gaming, entertainment, hospitality and cultural tourism entity of the Cherokee Nation. CNE operates casinos in Tulsa, Claremore, South Coffeyville, Roland, West Siloam Springs, Fort Gibson, Sallisaw, Tahlequah and Ramona, as well as the Cherokee Travel Plaza, two Cherokee Outpost convenience stores, six retail tobacco shops, four gift shops, two golf courses and three hotels. The company recently completed a $155 million expansion at their resort property in Tulsa which is now branded as Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tulsa and a $125 million expansion of Cherokee Casino West Siloam Springs.
Cherokee Nation Businesses, L.L.C., is a wholly owned corporation of the Cherokee Nation and serves as the holding company for all of the Cherokee Nation’s for-profit entities.
CNB owns companies in aerospace, information technology, security and defense, environmental, construction, health care services and other industries.
a Native American preference employer