Sous Chef - Majestic Star Casino & Hotel
Majestic Star Casino & Hotel
Gary, Indiana 46406
Dec 30, 2016
Jan 31, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Responsible for daily ordering, preparation, and presentation of quality food products.
- Prepares daily production forecast. Responsible for developing and maintaining adequate par-levels and inventory control procedures.
- Responsible for working with vendors and obtaining food quotes and food buying.
- Oversees food transfers and requisitions for the outlets.
- Control food and labor costs for the outlet
- Oversees employees’ training and development of food quality and sanitation.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the area and sanitation standards as defined by the Health Department guidelines.
- Maintains proper function of equipment and waste control.
Culinary Arts degree preferred.
Must have a minimum of three years experience in the Culinary Arts.
Previous supervisory background in hospitality industry.
Good verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Must have the ability to withstand noisy and smoke filled environments.
Must be able to stand 50% of shift, walk 45%of shift, and sit 5% of shift.
Must have valid Food Handlers Card, Liquor License, and IGC Badge when working.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, duties, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different task are performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies,changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical development).
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Majestic Star Casino & Hotel team members enjoy competitive salaries and solid benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Employee Meals
- On-Going Development and Growth Opportunities
Majestic Star Casino & Hotel
1 Buffington Harbor Drive
Gary IN, 46406
Web Site: www.majesticstar.com
Majestic Star Casino & Hotel located just 35 Minutes from Downtown Chicago, features 24 hours of Gaming and the best selection of fine dining or on-the-go sandwiches and snacks. It offers 2500 slot machines and over 70 tables games, which include Blackjack, Craps, Caribbean Stud, Roulette, Let It Ride, Texas Hold 'Em, 3 Card Poker, Poker, Spanish 21, Pai Gow, Baccarat and Mini Baccarat.
The property includes a 150 room hotel, a steakhouse and buffet, a bar, a deli, and a coffee house. Additional amenities include a 24-hour business center, meeting rooms and valet parking.
At Majestic Star Casino & Hotel, our team members are truly our most valuable assets. After all, we've won awards for Friendliest and Most Knowledgeable/Helpful casino employees. So it's important to us that Majestic Star Casino & Hotel is not only a great place to play, but also a great place to work.
We encourage you to bring your skills to Majestic Star Casino & Hotel, where you can work, play and succeed.
Good Times with Great People.
Click on the Casino Careers application button. Once directed to our web site, select the job title and scroll down to click on the Apply Now button.