Director of Food & Beverage - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
Director of Food & Beverage
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
Sioux City, Iowa 51101
Jan 06, 2017
Apr 06, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.
- Hire, retain, motivate, evaluate and direct food and beverage ensuring employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Review activities in all restaurants and bar areas in order to gauge and improve staffing levels, working conditions and other matters which influence quality guest service and profitability.
- Establish department standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Monitor and evaluate all reporting departments in order to ensure the proper planning for short and long-term strategies; monitors and evaluates performance of all restaurants and bars in order to facilitate ongoing improvement of operations and financial return.
- Review strengths and weaknesses of all food, beverage, and retail operations such as cost of sales, inventory par levels, and general policies and procedures in order to most effectively implement changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources.
- Conduct him/her in a professional, courteous and responsive manner, which reflects positively on Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees, customers and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Knowledge of and previous experience with financial planning and analysis.
Knowledge of and experience with operational planning and analysis.
Knowledge of food production and preparation techniques.
Familiarity with effective food service techniques and sales strategies.
Familiarity with the latest in food service equipment.
Knowledge of and experience in the Culinary Arts field.
Understanding of corporate and property-specific policies and procedures.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in hotel and restaurant management or related field in addition a wide variety of hands-on experience, special training, apprenticeships, internships and seminars, typically acquired through a minimum of seven years progressive managerial experience in the food and beverage industry, or through completion of a high school education and ten years of related experience. International experience in the hospitality industry helpful.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Sioux City
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City is a fully-integrated gaming resort offering more than 835 slot machines and a wide variety of table games. The facility boasts a Hard Rock Hotel, the world-famous Rock Shop, a live-entertainment venue – Anthem, an outdoor event park – Battery Park, the World Tour Buffet, Main + Abbey restaurant, Fuel American Grill and various other food and beverage options.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City was developed through a partnership between the Missouri River Historical Development and SCE Partners, LLC, an affiliate of Warner Gaming, LLC, and is operated under license from HRHH IP, LLC. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas is the flagship property owned by an affiliate of HRHH IP, LLC.
Missouri River Historical Development, Inc. (MRHD) is the non-profit organization that has held the license for gaming operations in Woodbury County, Iowa since 1992. Since its formation in 1989, MRHD has been improving the quality of life for all residents in Woodbury County via distribution of over $21 million worth of grants to non-profit agencies and governmental agencies.