Surveillance Operator - Tioga Downs Casino
Tioga Downs Casino
Nichols, New York 13812
Jan 03, 2017
Feb 27, 2017
Type of Position:
Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
• Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
• Generates necessary written reports regarding security-related incidents involving guests, Associates and/or the facility.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Observes, documents, videotapes and reports any unusual or suspicious activities on property.
• Regularly inspects the premises, identifying potential safety or security hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate individual or entity, for proper resolution.
• Reviews surveillance tapes and reports, providing detailed information to appropriate company officials and outside agencies, as needed.
• Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Make suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, with regard to possible changes in the policies and procedures of other departments, with the protection of company assets in mind.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the Company’s facilities, as well as special events on property in order to monitor customers and fellow Associates of same, whenever possible.
• Interacts with customers and Associates in a positive, professional manner.
• Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• May be designated as officer-in-charge to function as a supervisor for a shift.
• Basic knowledge of casino regulations, basic computer skills, and basic math skills.
• Able to work effectively in a confined environment.
• Any suspicious or illegal activity are to be reported immediately to the Surveillance Supervisor or equivalent.
• All other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required.
Minimum of one-year experience in law enforcement, loss prevention, surveillance operations or gaming security preferred. Excellent communication skills required.
Upon hiring, surveillance Table Games instruction will begin. After completion of training, the Surveillance employee must pass the written and practical exam with a score of 90% or greater before 90 days of employment.
Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense reasoning to a variety of situations. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The Associate is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The Associate is regularly required to lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the project floor, the noise level increases to loud.
Tioga Downs Casino
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino, located in Nichols, NY, has a 5/8 mile world class harness racetrack, over 700 Video Gaming Machines, and Simulcast betting from other tracks. A spacious new expansion, expected to open late in 2016, will now feature 900 slot machines, approximately 45 table games, which includes 12 poker games. Table games will include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, Mini Baccarat, Big Six, and Let it Ride Poker.
Tioga Downs Casino offers live entertainment and a wide array of dining options such as Virgil’s Real Barbeque, the County Fair Buffet, Mr. G's Post Time Pizza, the Carousel Bar, and Coasters Sports Bar. A Hotel is currently being built which will entertain all family members during all the seasons.