Beverage Server - Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
Northfield, Ohio 44067
Feb 10, 2017
May 11, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Recognizes guests immediately with a friendly, courteous greeting and informs them of daily specials, soup of the day, etc. Also acts as a “walking information center,“ by providing information on all aspects of Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park’s services and facilities.
- Assists guests with menu and beverage selection, demonstrating salesmanship with complete menu and product knowledge.
- Ensures guest satisfaction through food quality checks and responsiveness to guest complaints.
- Maintains a well-groomed, neat, and clean appearance, carrying out duties with attention to sanitation and safety.
- Anticipates, identifies, and provides for guest needs.
- Performs inventories and other duties as assigned.
- Performs tableside cooking, salad entrées, desserts and presents, opens and pours wines.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Assists with other duties at special events or parties and assisting where necessary to include but not limited to carving, cooking, setup and or teardown stations or work areas or other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through two months of on-the-job training or through 2 years related serving experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming/Lottery regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- Food, beverage, and wine service.
- Table service procedures and table etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees and guests.
- Restock needed materials and retrieve dropped items.
- Transport trays and/or plates throughout the restaurant, which may weigh up to 50 pounds, as well as serve food items and beverages.
- Take orders, recite specials, and point specific items out on the menu to customers.
- Use machines and equipment including, but not limited to: include coffee machine, beverage dispenser, microwave, toaster, and Point-of Service System.
Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
10777 Northfield Rd.
Northfield, OH 44067
Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park, is adjacent to the world-famous Northfield Park harness racetrack and is centrally located just 20 miles Southeast of Downtown Cleveland and 20 miles North of Akron. The world’s only “Rocksino” features the most exciting gaming floor in Northeast Ohio, many flavorful dining options, and one of a kind live shows and entertainment offerings.
There are over 2,200 VLT (video lottery terminal) games from Pennies to High-Limit denominations and all of the latest and greatest titles.
The Rocksino offers the luxurious Club Velvet, a 300-seat club featuring comedy and intimate sessions with headlining performers. Hard Rock Live is the rockin’ 1,800-seat concert hall featuring the world’s most renowned artists in the ultimate live music venue. Guests can take in free shows on the Hard Rock Cafe stage and Center Bar.
The Rocksino is jam-packed with dining options. Local football legend Bernie Kosar invites guests to Kosar’s Wood Fired-Grill. Fresh Harvest Buffet features over 64 different delectable items every day. For those on the go, Constant Grind Bistro offers up hot and cold deli favorites and a full coffee bar. And don’t forget, the world-famous Hard Rock Cafe…the original icon in rock n’ roll dining!
Its $1 million rock memorabilia collection includes Eddie Van Halen’s Harley Davidson, the Black Eyed Peas’ costumes, Shakira’s stunning dress, Madonna’s motorcycle cap and a Diana Ross gown just to name a few of the unique pieces.
Our mission at at the world’s only “Rocksino” is to create authentic experiences that rock …an explosive musical blend of sights, sounds, fun and taste.