Cage Service Representative - Four Winds Casino Resort
Cage Service Representative
Four Winds Casino Resort
Dowagiac/Hartford, Michigan 49047
Jan 18, 2017
Feb 17, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Responsible for balancing various bank drawers within the Guest Service area of the Finance Department, maintaining accuracy throughout all phases of the balancing process; promoting the success of the player’s club by assisting guests through the membership process, and explaining the benefits of membership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Accurately balances assigned bank.
• Cashes chips and gaming tokens into money for guests, in a courteous, timely manner.
• Cashes personal checks and travelers checks for currency.
• Redeems foreign currency, computing accurate exchange rates for the various currency received.
• Processes marker buy-back transactions, providing quality service to each guest.
• Assists other Cage Service Reps within Guest Service area, as needed.
• Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Enrolls new guests in the Player’s Club.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the player’s club in order to effectively explain same to guests.
• Resolves minor guest conflicts, which relate to Player’s Club.
• Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
• Maintains a working knowledge of casino facilities, as well as current and upcoming special events, in order to advise guests and fellow employees, whenever possible.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Assist with disbursement of promotional giveaways.
• Issues complimentaries for guests based on approved guidelines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
• Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
• Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Some college courses in banking, finance or related area preferred. Cash handling experience preferred.
Possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate.
This position requires a Level 2 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is also required to handle bagged coins approximately weighing 20 pounds.
The employee is regularly required to stand, for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds Casinos
Hartford | Dowagiac
New Buffalo, Michigan
Four Winds Casinos are owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians and all properties are located in the state of Michigan.
Four Winds New Buffalo is located 75 miles east of Chicago. The 125,000 square foot casino contains over 3,000 slots, 70 table games, retail shops, 6 restaurants, including Hard Rock Café Four Winds, Copper Rock Steakhouse, The Buffet, Timbers and Grab 'N' Go. Guests can enjoy cocktails in the restaurants and the Martini Bar and Sports Bar. The facility also offers a child care facility and arcade (Kids Quest), a hotel with 415 rooms, suites and celebrity suites, as well as a full service events center.
Four Winds Hartford features 560 slot machines and nine table games, including blackjack and roulette. Guests can dine at the Timbers Fast Food Deli, featuring a 74 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds Dowagiac features 300 slot machines and four table games, including blackjack and Mississippi Stud. Four Winds Dowagiac offers the Timbers Fast Food & Deli, featuring a 30 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds' philosophy is to create an environment that encourages and rewards team effort and to develop a culture that is goal-oriented, success driven, and consistently fair to employees, guests, and community members. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to give the right people unparalleled opportunities for employment.
Friendliness at Four Winds sets us apart from the rest. Our employees provide a level of service and respect that exceeds anything a Midwest gamer has ever received or imagined. We ask our employees to pay attention to every detail:
• Appreciate the Guest
• Consistently Deliver Quality
• Exceed Expectations
• Strive to Build Loyalty
We listen to our customers, and in turn we listen to and reward our employees. At Four Winds, we maintain our values of: