Assistant Beverage Manager - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Assistant Beverage Manager
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Jan 11, 2017
Feb 09, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Show strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team.
- Work with people of diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Directs and organizes the activities of the team to maintain high standards of beverage quality, presentation, creativity, consistency and service.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation while maximizing service levels and achieving a profitable result.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties as needed and be a team player.
- Maintain overall beverage equipment, inventories, glassware, etc. Ensure uniform standards, appearance standards, cleanliness, safety, and other established rules, guidelines, policies, and practices are met consistently.
- Controls the inventories of food, beverage, and non-food supplies.
- Implements new menus and promotions, such as holiday and special event promotions.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a High School diploma or GED/equivalent.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience (2 years) in a high volume, upscale casino or resort/hotel beverage operation managing a beverage staff of at least 30. Previous bartending experience in a high volume, sophisticated restaurant/bar preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Above average knowledge and familiarity with all types/varieties of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Wine knowledge preferred.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment. Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise and bright lights.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Division/Department : Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Shift/Hours : Varies
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
How to apply by fax:
Please make sure to list which positions you are applying for:
FAX your resume to (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique, LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.